"The penalty for not participating in politics is to be governed by your inferiors." - Plato
The Presidency is the big political prize. With the worst "president" ever as the incumbent, who is already campaigning, you would think he is in deep trouble, but he could actually win, especially if the GOP fumbles-- and they did.
Looks like we have Barack Hussein Obama-Soetoro-Soebarkah-Bounel back and he will be much worse the second time around, full of himself, arrogant, spoiling for revenge, no more elections, "flexibility" for Vladmir, making energy prices "skyrocket," increasing Socialism, deploying Czars, borrowing, spending, QE, taxes,Supreme Court "Justices," especially if the Senate rolls over like last term.
For all practical purposes, we are down to only two viable candidates, AKA Obama and Romney. The battle is on.
Mitt Picks Paul Ryan for VP
Gary Johnson, Libertarian Nominee
Ed Noonan, CA AIP Nominee
A stacked AIP convention ignored the will of the voters and picked Tom Hoefling as its nominee. Why should they be any different from the Republicrats?
- Mitt Romney- W- Bright, highly successful businessman/consultant, Romneycare issue, baggage, flip-flopped on choice, cap/trade, amnesty, now denying "warming," or is he? Opposes SB1070, RINO. Polling well. Choice of GOP hierarchy. Possible eligibility questions. Won NH, 2nd in SC. Won FL big. CA Nominee and national nominee as of 8-28-12- Congrats!
- Gary Johnson- W- Former successful businessman (construction), 2-time former New Mexico Governor, anti-tax, anti-bureaucracy, Libertarian, pro-choice, more, more, more. Barred from debates. Left GOP to run as Libertarian. CA Nominee and national nominee- Congrats!
- Ed Noonan-W- American Independent Party. Constitutional Conservative. Challenges Obama's eligibility. Shares some of Ron Paul's monetary policy views, but more Conservative overall. CA AIP Nominee- Congrats!
- Laurie Roth-W- American Independent Party- Singer, songwriter, talk show hostess (IRN-USA), actively challenges Obama's eligibility, work to make America energy independent, stop drug trade, go to only 2% consumption tax.
- John Dummett- W- CA govt. programmer, doesn't seem to have many qualifications, except common sense and intelligence, which I suppose puts him ahead of the incumbent, whose eligibility he actively challenges, along with the 16th Amendment.
The dates and venues have been announced for the 2012 Presidential debates between President Obama and the eventual GOP nominee. The date for the Vice Presidential debate has also been announced.
Ticketing for the 2012 general election debates is controlled by the Commission on Presidential Debates and tickets will be extremely limited. The majority of tickets are distributed to university students and faculty through a lottery system with the remaining tickets going to friends and families of the campaigns and the media.
|October 3, 2012||Air Time TBD
Location: University of Denver in Denver, Colorado
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
|October 11, 2012
|Air Time TBD
Location: Centre College in Danville, Kentucky
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: Vice President Biden and the GOP Vice Presidential nominee
|October 16, 2012||Air Time TBD
Location: Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
|October 22, 2012||
- Ron Paul- W- Libertarian icon, longtime GOP Congressman, ran for Presidency multiple times, polling better than 2008. Has serious spending cut plans, don't like his national security views. Running about 3rd. Distant 4th in FL. "Suspended" campaign 5/14/12. Placed second in CA primary even after dropping out!
- Newt Gingrich- W- "Balanced" budget in 90's, bright historian, personal scandal, big govt., recovering "warmer," Globalist, denounced Ryan Medicare plan, his entire Iowa staff quit, citing his lack of commitment, declared. Attracting attention in debates. Pundits loved it. Won SC Primary big. Distant 2nd in FL.
- Rick Santorum- W- Ex-PA Senator, real Conservative, supported Spector, hasn't developed much national persona or traction. Very aggressive recently. Questions about his eligibility. Placed third in CA primary even after dropping out!
- Rick Perry-W- Self-described Conservative who is big spender, TTC/NAU fan, hates SB1070, weak on immigration, a Bilderberger speaker. Getting creamed in debates, polls plunged. Dropped out before SC Primary- 1/12
- Jon Huntsman-W- Ex-Ambassador to China under Obama, rich (inherited), Two time Utah Governor, speaks Mandarin, Death Panels, favors "The mandate," Global Warmer, RINO?, Served in Reagan and Bush administrations, nominated Sarah Palin, big spender- Declared. Weak performance. We predict dropout. Yup- 1-16-12,
- Michele Bachmann- W- Real Conservative (with a few lapses), Tea Partier, MN Congresswoman, former IRS tax attorney, media HATES her, good job at NH/IA debates- won Iowa Straw Poll, lost polling points vs Perry, Gingrich, Paul. Formulaic debate statements. Dropped out after poor Iowa performance, where she won a straw poll just a few months ago.
- Herman Cain- W- Successful businessman, Fed Reserve official and promoter, NAU, aced at SC debate, some gaffes, video and more. 9-9-9 plan needs work. Harassment allegations, alleged affair and gaffes ultimately forced him out.
- Sarah Palin- W- VP candidate, outspoken, Conservative, excellent (self)-promoter, some Tea Party support, polarizing, gaffe-prone- hasn't declared, but is barnstorming the nation. Dropped out 10/5/11
- Haley Barbour- Republican Ole Boy icon--dropped out
- Mitch Daniels- Won acclaim as Conservative Governor, but IS he? Vox Day writes- Out
- Mike Huckebee- Religious, but seems RINO-- dropped out
- Allan West- FL Congressman, Black miltary hero, outspoken Conservative, but big govt., defense hawk, much Tea Party support, mulling running- never declared.
- Paul Ryan- won acclaim for budget/fiscal knowledge, efforts, took on Obama, taking heat for his excellent Medicare reform plan, now "mulling over" running again? Too late, unless he's angling for VP. Yup.
- Donald Trump- - Wealthy, high visibility real estate developer, casino owner, TV personality. Flirted with running GOP, left GOP and toying with running independent. Fiscally Conservative, supports Democrat candidates.- Michael Bloomberg- Financial tycoon, NY Mayor, RINO, rumors of Independent run. Challenging Obama eligibility (again).
- Rudy Giuliani- Famed as 911 mayor, cleaned up NY, RINO?
- Jim DeMint- Conservative icon in Senate, strongly supports Conservative candidates, now considering run? No action.
- Lindsay Graham- RINO SC Senator, Judicial Committee, approved Sotomayer, Kagan. Out.
- Scott Walker- Gutsy Conservative WI Governor, fighting union corruption, deficits, not campaigning. Out.
- Chris Christie- Combative NJ Governor, reversed union gains, nominated Hamas supporter judges. Still a possible candidacy. Again refused.
- John Bolton- Strong Conservative, policy hawk, former UN Ambassador, little recent visibily. Unlikely. Out.
- Jeb Bush- was successful FL Gov., Bush stigma, not in.
- Judd Greg (sure has been quiet)- not in.
- Bobby Jindal- successful LA Governor, blew national speaking debut, not natural born
- Alan Keyes- Outspoken Conservative, Pres. candidate, lost Senatorial election vs Obama, doesn't seem to be campaigning. not in.
- Steve King. No.
- Mike Pence- out
- David Petraeus- Military success, well-regarded, just became CIA head- out
- Wayne Allan Root- W- Prominent Libertarian, speaker, writer. Is he actually running? No.
- Marco Rubio- US Senator from FL. Most prominent Latino politician, some RINO tendencies, ineligible- not natural born much controversy over this- MSM and GOP establishment ignoring issue, trying to position him for VP, in direct violation of the law.
- Roy Moore- W- Ex-AL Supreme Court Chief Justice, attorney, West Point Grad, Army Co. Commander- Refused to remove 10 Commandments. No activity noticed. Out.
- Leah Lax- W- Filing- Questions Obama's eligibility.
Other Parties (From Wikipedia)
More Third Party/Independent
New Hampshire Primary Candidates: http://www.sos.nh.gov/Candidates.pdf
Candidates' positions, per S. New Hampshire 912 Groups
(I spotted some errors and bias, but it's a start. Stated positions vary from actual candidates' behavior at times.)
So, we're down to Romney. John Dummett is still running, but the big parties and media will make sure you don't hear much about him. The third party candidates lack money, support and publicity to do much. Cody Robert Judy is the only opposition Democrat running with any visibility at all, but not TV or debates. Instead, he is more in the courts, suing Obama over his ineligibility to run, as are candidates such as Ed Noonan (AIP), Laurie Roth (I). Republicans are eerily silent about that 300 lb. gorilla. even with very strong evidence to back it up. Unfortunately, millions are expected not to vote over their dissatisfaction with Progressive Republican nominee Romney. We caution you about that. PLEASE consider the alternative. Are you willing to put an ineligible incumbent back in office to make your point?
Member input appears below -- and there is plenty!
Members can add information to any forum pages, via comments, if you are a member and if your posting is relevant to the subject of the page and our Tea Party Mission Statement (see "Read Me" section). Please post your ideas, interesting articles, surveys, prognostications below! Follow forum rules in doing so.
Very interesting CP. Can you provide a link or source for that Swinton quote, I'd love to post it elsewhere.
Interesting that he didn't come up with any of this until his campaign was on the ropes and his staff became desperate to jumpstart it. Now, he's starting to sound like Ron Paul, who he professes to have contempt for.
Sent: Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:52 PM
Subject: Plan to Uproot & Overhaul Washington
Today, in Bettendorf, Iowa, Governor Perry will be announcing his third domestic policy initiative: Government Reform. His first two initiatives were:1. Energizing American Jobs & Security (Pittsburgh, PA, OCTOBER 14) – Creates 1.2 million good American jobs by opening up federal lands and waters to energy production. All of the above energy policy, including oil, gas, coal and renewables. Creating 1.2 million jobs in energy sector and reducing reliance on hostile foreign oil.2. Cut, Balance and Grow economic/tax reform plan (Greenville, SC, OCTOBER 25) - Cuts personal and corporate income taxes to a flat 20%. Eliminating corporate tax loopholes, and ending taxation of capital gains, dividends and Social Security benefits. Entitlement reforms for Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid. Balances federal budget by 2020 by cutting spending, growing the economy, capping federal spending at 18% of GDP and a federal Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution.Here's #3 to be announced in Bettendorf TODAY:UPROOT AND OVERHAUL WASHINGTONFundamental Reform of the Legislative Branch
Citizen Congress, Accountability and TransparencySolutions:
- Work to establish a part-time, Citizen Congress. Members of Congress are too entrenched in Washington, out-of-touch, and frankly do little to actually benefit the American people while they are in session.
- Cut congressional pay in half and repeal the rules that prevent members of Congress from holding real jobs in their home states and communities.
- Criminalize insider trading by members of Congress.
- Until a Balanced Budget Amendment is ratified by the states, support cutting Congressional pay in half if Congress fails to propose a long-term balanced budget. Freeze federal civilian hiring and salaries until the budget is balanced.
- Veto any bill that places a new, unfunded mandate on states, local communities, or schools.
- Work with Congress to pass legislation requiring a 2/3s majority to pass any increase in taxes.Fundamental Reform of the Judiciary
End Life-time Appointments to the Supreme CourtSolutions:
- End lifetime appointments of federal judges by instituting an 18-year term limit. This would have to apply prospectively (eg. not to current Supreme Court judges) and require a Constitutional Amendment.Fundamental Reform of the Executive Branch
Regulatory Reform and Reining in the Federal BureaucracySolutions (Regulatory Reform):
- Issue an immediate moratorium on all pending federal regulations, order a full audit of every regulation passed since 2008 and repeal any regulation that is not affordable, effective and appropriate.
- Support legislation to automatically sunset federal regulations unless Congress votes to renew them.
- Develop an online, searchable database of all federal regulations currently in force.Solutions (Federal Bureaucracy):
- Work with Congress to dismantle, reform, and restructure wasteful, overbearing, and redundant federal agencies:
- The Department of Commerce, Department of Education and the Department of Energy would be completely eliminated. Essential duties – such as DoE’s Nuclear Security Administration, would be transferred to other agencies.
- The Department of Homeland Security (including the Transportation Security Administration, which would be privatized) and the Environmental Protection Agency would be restructured and reformed entirely.
- While the federal entities listed above represent the surface of federal government expansion, all federal departments, agencies, and programs must be reviewed from the top-down.Glenn Beck – “Glenn Beck interviews Rick Perry”: Texas Governor Rick Perry joined the program yesterday to talk with Glenn about some of the big platform ideas he’s talking about as the campaign goes on. (Full Article)Des Moines Register – “What Rick Perry will say today: Highlights of his plan to ‘uproot’ federal government”: Today, during a 9:30 a.m. town hall meeting at Schebler Manufacturing in Bettendorf, Perry will make the third big policy roll-out of his campaign. Perry wants Congress to be a part-time operation, with elected lawmakers’ salaries cut in half, according to a copy of the speech he shared Monday with The Des Moines Register. (Full Article)CBS News – “Perry: Congressional insider trading should be illegal”: A new video by Rick Perry's presidential campaign suggests that members of Congress who engage in insider trading should be sent to jail. (Full Article)Related: Watch Governor Perry’s latest video on Congressional Insider Trading here.
CNN – “Perry pledges to ‘uproot, tear down and rebuild Washington”: Casting Washington as a latter-day Roman Empire, bloated and "mired in ruin," Texas Gov. Rick Perry unveiled a drastic plan to overhaul the federal government Tuesday in a policy speech in Iowa. (Full Article)RickPerry.org – “Governor Rick Perry Pushes Back Against Steny Hoyer”: Gov. Rick Perry appeared on the Sean Hannity radio show this afternoon and responded to House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer, who earlier today accused Gov. Perry of “pandering to the tea party.” (Full Audio)Wall Street Journal – “Perry Faults Stock Deals in Congress”: Texas Gov. Rick Perry on Tuesday proposed a series of government changes, including making it a criminal offense for lawmakers to trade stocks based on nonpublic information they learn in the halls of Congress. (Full Article)New Hampshire Union Leader – “Primary Status: John Stephen praises Perry’s ‘Overhaul’ plan; 4 candidates in NH this week”: New Hampshire 2010 Republican gubernatorial nominee John Stephen today praised Texas Gov. Rick Perry's “Uproot and Overhaul Washington” plan, calling it “true fundamental change in the way our federal government operates so that our people are first and not special interests or the establishment crowd." (Full Article)RealClearPolitics – “Topsy-Turvy GOP: Expect More Twists as Primary Unfolds”: The Republican primary season seems to have had an endless succession of Republican front-runners and alternatives to Mitt Romney. But history suggests that we're just getting started. Take a look at the RealClearPolitics average for the Republican contest in 2008. (Full Article)
Honestly, this is the future of politics. For the most part information is available to the world at large immediately now...interested parties don't have to wait for print or even the evening news anymore to become informed. So what this does is force our "representatives" off of what once were "safe" positions in favor of those the body politic find more favorable/attractive.
So I'm not really sure I care anymore "how" our representatives have their "come to Jesus" moments...just that they do and then ACTUALLY KEEP THEIR WORD.
I also think that this access to information will (eventually) force MSM to become more balanced and responsible in their reporting...it just may take longer for that to happen.
Newt on Libya
ARgh!!!!!! Double ARGHHH!!!
I'm so sick of forked tongues...
The problem is the convenient clips that prove misleading. This is an excellent example of the partial clip is used to spin the truth:
The only think that Thinkprogres has demonstrated is it's inability to comprehend. The first clip is Gingrich advising a no-fly zone PERIOD. Does everyone here know what a No Fly Zone is? It is NOT an ariel assault on a country. His assumption was that this would be sufficient and that the Libyan people would do the rest. In the next clip the term "intervention" is defined by the actual course of action that was taken i.e. a large scale ariel assault by U.S. and E.U. planes
More on Newt Gingrich,
the back-up candidate for Mitt Romney, who's the back-up candidate for "Barack Hussein Obama"
from Kelleigh Nelson
HERE'S WHAT A BLOGGER POSTED ON NEWT...
Is it true or not that he formerly favored intervention and later reversed himself?
While that is only a partial interview, look at more on this subject. Sure, Newt can be charming and brilliant in debates, but look at the totality of what he is, what he said before and what he does. It ain't a pretty picture.
Bachmann and Santorum look better all the time. Even Cain looks pretty good. Even Ron Paul, if it wasn't for some of his foreign policy views.
They all have their shortcomings...but any would be better than the current incumbent.
I wish I had been politically awake prior to 2008...I could probably separate the wheat from chaff above and feel better about disliking what I've just read.
I just want to shine a light on EVERYTHING and let the TRUTH sterilize the lies and obfuscation...liars and pin headed ideology on all sides can go...pound...sand.