"The penalty for not participating in politics is to be governed by your inferiors." - Plato
The Presidency is the big political prize. With the worst "president" ever as the incumbent, who is already campaigning, you would think he is in deep trouble, but he could actually win, especially if the GOP fumbles-- and they did.
Looks like we have Barack Hussein Obama-Soetoro-Soebarkah-Bounel back and he will be much worse the second time around, full of himself, arrogant, spoiling for revenge, no more elections, "flexibility" for Vladmir, making energy prices "skyrocket," increasing Socialism, deploying Czars, borrowing, spending, QE, taxes,Supreme Court "Justices," especially if the Senate rolls over like last term.
For all practical purposes, we are down to only two viable candidates, AKA Obama and Romney. The battle is on.
Mitt Picks Paul Ryan for VP
Gary Johnson, Libertarian Nominee
Ed Noonan, CA AIP Nominee
A stacked AIP convention ignored the will of the voters and picked Tom Hoefling as its nominee. Why should they be any different from the Republicrats?
- Mitt Romney- W- Bright, highly successful businessman/consultant, Romneycare issue, baggage, flip-flopped on choice, cap/trade, amnesty, now denying "warming," or is he? Opposes SB1070, RINO. Polling well. Choice of GOP hierarchy. Possible eligibility questions. Won NH, 2nd in SC. Won FL big. CA Nominee and national nominee as of 8-28-12- Congrats!
- Gary Johnson- W- Former successful businessman (construction), 2-time former New Mexico Governor, anti-tax, anti-bureaucracy, Libertarian, pro-choice, more, more, more. Barred from debates. Left GOP to run as Libertarian. CA Nominee and national nominee- Congrats!
- Ed Noonan-W- American Independent Party. Constitutional Conservative. Challenges Obama's eligibility. Shares some of Ron Paul's monetary policy views, but more Conservative overall. CA AIP Nominee- Congrats!
- Laurie Roth-W- American Independent Party- Singer, songwriter, talk show hostess (IRN-USA), actively challenges Obama's eligibility, work to make America energy independent, stop drug trade, go to only 2% consumption tax.
- John Dummett- W- CA govt. programmer, doesn't seem to have many qualifications, except common sense and intelligence, which I suppose puts him ahead of the incumbent, whose eligibility he actively challenges, along with the 16th Amendment.
The dates and venues have been announced for the 2012 Presidential debates between President Obama and the eventual GOP nominee. The date for the Vice Presidential debate has also been announced.
Ticketing for the 2012 general election debates is controlled by the Commission on Presidential Debates and tickets will be extremely limited. The majority of tickets are distributed to university students and faculty through a lottery system with the remaining tickets going to friends and families of the campaigns and the media.
|October 3, 2012||Air Time TBD
Location: University of Denver in Denver, Colorado
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
|October 11, 2012
|Air Time TBD
Location: Centre College in Danville, Kentucky
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: Vice President Biden and the GOP Vice Presidential nominee
|October 16, 2012||Air Time TBD
Location: Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
|October 22, 2012||
- Ron Paul- W- Libertarian icon, longtime GOP Congressman, ran for Presidency multiple times, polling better than 2008. Has serious spending cut plans, don't like his national security views. Running about 3rd. Distant 4th in FL. "Suspended" campaign 5/14/12. Placed second in CA primary even after dropping out!
- Newt Gingrich- W- "Balanced" budget in 90's, bright historian, personal scandal, big govt., recovering "warmer," Globalist, denounced Ryan Medicare plan, his entire Iowa staff quit, citing his lack of commitment, declared. Attracting attention in debates. Pundits loved it. Won SC Primary big. Distant 2nd in FL.
- Rick Santorum- W- Ex-PA Senator, real Conservative, supported Spector, hasn't developed much national persona or traction. Very aggressive recently. Questions about his eligibility. Placed third in CA primary even after dropping out!
- Rick Perry-W- Self-described Conservative who is big spender, TTC/NAU fan, hates SB1070, weak on immigration, a Bilderberger speaker. Getting creamed in debates, polls plunged. Dropped out before SC Primary- 1/12
- Jon Huntsman-W- Ex-Ambassador to China under Obama, rich (inherited), Two time Utah Governor, speaks Mandarin, Death Panels, favors "The mandate," Global Warmer, RINO?, Served in Reagan and Bush administrations, nominated Sarah Palin, big spender- Declared. Weak performance. We predict dropout. Yup- 1-16-12,
- Michele Bachmann- W- Real Conservative (with a few lapses), Tea Partier, MN Congresswoman, former IRS tax attorney, media HATES her, good job at NH/IA debates- won Iowa Straw Poll, lost polling points vs Perry, Gingrich, Paul. Formulaic debate statements. Dropped out after poor Iowa performance, where she won a straw poll just a few months ago.
- Herman Cain- W- Successful businessman, Fed Reserve official and promoter, NAU, aced at SC debate, some gaffes, video and more. 9-9-9 plan needs work. Harassment allegations, alleged affair and gaffes ultimately forced him out.
- Sarah Palin- W- VP candidate, outspoken, Conservative, excellent (self)-promoter, some Tea Party support, polarizing, gaffe-prone- hasn't declared, but is barnstorming the nation. Dropped out 10/5/11
- Haley Barbour- Republican Ole Boy icon--dropped out
- Mitch Daniels- Won acclaim as Conservative Governor, but IS he? Vox Day writes- Out
- Mike Huckebee- Religious, but seems RINO-- dropped out
- Allan West- FL Congressman, Black miltary hero, outspoken Conservative, but big govt., defense hawk, much Tea Party support, mulling running- never declared.
- Paul Ryan- won acclaim for budget/fiscal knowledge, efforts, took on Obama, taking heat for his excellent Medicare reform plan, now "mulling over" running again? Too late, unless he's angling for VP. Yup.
- Donald Trump- - Wealthy, high visibility real estate developer, casino owner, TV personality. Flirted with running GOP, left GOP and toying with running independent. Fiscally Conservative, supports Democrat candidates.- Michael Bloomberg- Financial tycoon, NY Mayor, RINO, rumors of Independent run. Challenging Obama eligibility (again).
- Rudy Giuliani- Famed as 911 mayor, cleaned up NY, RINO?
- Jim DeMint- Conservative icon in Senate, strongly supports Conservative candidates, now considering run? No action.
- Lindsay Graham- RINO SC Senator, Judicial Committee, approved Sotomayer, Kagan. Out.
- Scott Walker- Gutsy Conservative WI Governor, fighting union corruption, deficits, not campaigning. Out.
- Chris Christie- Combative NJ Governor, reversed union gains, nominated Hamas supporter judges. Still a possible candidacy. Again refused.
- John Bolton- Strong Conservative, policy hawk, former UN Ambassador, little recent visibily. Unlikely. Out.
- Jeb Bush- was successful FL Gov., Bush stigma, not in.
- Judd Greg (sure has been quiet)- not in.
- Bobby Jindal- successful LA Governor, blew national speaking debut, not natural born
- Alan Keyes- Outspoken Conservative, Pres. candidate, lost Senatorial election vs Obama, doesn't seem to be campaigning. not in.
- Steve King. No.
- Mike Pence- out
- David Petraeus- Military success, well-regarded, just became CIA head- out
- Wayne Allan Root- W- Prominent Libertarian, speaker, writer. Is he actually running? No.
- Marco Rubio- US Senator from FL. Most prominent Latino politician, some RINO tendencies, ineligible- not natural born much controversy over this- MSM and GOP establishment ignoring issue, trying to position him for VP, in direct violation of the law.
- Roy Moore- W- Ex-AL Supreme Court Chief Justice, attorney, West Point Grad, Army Co. Commander- Refused to remove 10 Commandments. No activity noticed. Out.
- Leah Lax- W- Filing- Questions Obama's eligibility.
Other Parties (From Wikipedia)
More Third Party/Independent
New Hampshire Primary Candidates: http://www.sos.nh.gov/Candidates.pdf
Candidates' positions, per S. New Hampshire 912 Groups
(I spotted some errors and bias, but it's a start. Stated positions vary from actual candidates' behavior at times.)
So, we're down to Romney. John Dummett is still running, but the big parties and media will make sure you don't hear much about him. The third party candidates lack money, support and publicity to do much. Cody Robert Judy is the only opposition Democrat running with any visibility at all, but not TV or debates. Instead, he is more in the courts, suing Obama over his ineligibility to run, as are candidates such as Ed Noonan (AIP), Laurie Roth (I). Republicans are eerily silent about that 300 lb. gorilla. even with very strong evidence to back it up. Unfortunately, millions are expected not to vote over their dissatisfaction with Progressive Republican nominee Romney. We caution you about that. PLEASE consider the alternative. Are you willing to put an ineligible incumbent back in office to make your point?
Member input appears below -- and there is plenty!
Members can add information to any forum pages, via comments, if you are a member and if your posting is relevant to the subject of the page and our Tea Party Mission Statement (see "Read Me" section). Please post your ideas, interesting articles, surveys, prognostications below! Follow forum rules in doing so.
Greetings: This video shows who has been working in the best interests of our nation.
Don't you want a president with this type of track record? Why accept less?
Do you think there is a reason that msm is trying so hard to prevent you from hearing this message?
We have to decide if we are going to select a candidate of Liberty, or let the elites and thier msm
give us the business as usual, empty suit statist to maintain the status quo.
Please view, forward and send money to take control of what remains of America:
Below please find a special message from one of our advertisers, Newt 2012. From time to time we find special opportunities we believe you as a valued customer may want to see. Please note that the following message reflects the opinions and representations of our advertiser alone, and not necessarily the opinion or editorial positions of RedState.com or Eagle Publishing.
After the event, one reporter asked if fundraising was the only thing left blocking Newt from the Republican nomination. That kind of question clearly shows that even the media is starting to see the momentum of this campaign, but they want to know if we can raise enough money to be competitive.
To Donate By Mail Please Send Checks To:
Post Office Box 550769
Atlanta, GA 30355
You are so completely prejudiced against Ron Paul! He is the only candidate you explicitly say you don't like. Why?
Dr. Paul has the only completely correct, constitutionally based solutions to our National Security!! His plan will only make us safer in the long run. We have no constitutional right to Nation Build and that makes us an enemy to many!!! We need to mind our own beeswax and build up our own defenses and if anyone wants to mess with us, we make them sorry for trying. Forget the UN...Ron Paul is the only one who will get us out of that miserable, unconstitutional, sovereignty robbing, power grabbing, tyrannical, Christian hating, Godless organization! No one else has the guts to do it because all the rest are establishment, status quot candidates. He is willing to take on the powers that be like no other candidate and deal with the fundamental problems we face!!!!
The choice is so logical, I really am having a hard time understanding why people can not see it!
Also, your analysis of the candidates is hardly complete. You completely failed to mention that Newt is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, one of the prime movers for the globalist UN loving crowd, which makes him a BIG NO NO on my list....and talk about baggage, he has it in spades! He could never beat Obama!
C Powers: Right on! When you watch the tape of all Ron's earlier positions you see a track record of allegiance to the Constitution and principles of Liberty like NO OTHER!! We should get on our knees and thank God that a candidate like him is running.
Unfortunately, neocons aren't willing to give up the warmongering empire dreams to control and bully everyone else.
Ms. Powers: You obviously haven't read much of what I have written, or you would know that:
I LOVE 90% of Ron Paul's message and strongly dislike some positions of Huntsman, Romney, Perry and even some of Cain. However:
I hate his blind spot on some foreign threats. Before you launch into Paul-ite frenzy, I agree that we spend far too much on the miltary and should not have troops in 100+ countries. I agree that the Libyan, Somalian, Ugandan and most other foreign adventures are unwise, dangerous, illegal and unconstitutional. However, there are some threats that MUST be dealt with, lest they consume us. If you don't see any threat to aggressive Islamic expansion, killing, conquering, raping, converting, for 1400 years, long before the "evil" "Bush" and "Obama" came along, then you neither read nor understood history. China is a very real future threat and I wouldn't count Russia out, nor various aggressive smaller countries. Since defense is THE #1 Constitutional job and main purpose of the USA, Ron's stance a deal-killer for me. I don't believe in starting fights, only finishing them. I hope that the U.S. heeds his message to avoid non mission-critical foreign entanglements, as the USA is far too aggressive, especially bad while being broke.
Also, I do not believe that legalizing all drugs would immediately result in a love fest, elimination of the curse of addiction and ruined lives that result from it. The availability of funds, loose morals and unlimited drug supply in modern life were an accident waiting to happen, which did. Until we eliminate those underlying factors, we will have a drug problem. I must admit that Obama is at least doing fine job with #1. I do agree that nonviolent, non-criminals should not be thrown in regular jails, but treated. As for marijuana, it should be treated same as alcohol. I inhaled in college and never hurt anyone as a result, nor did I see anyone else do so. I would neither hire nor associate with marijuana abusers any more than I would alcohol abusers.
These two things mean that Ron Paul cannot get nominated by the Republican Party, with his current positions. Too bad, because he has many good things to bring to the table. I would love to see him in a position such as Treasury Secretary or in charge of the Finance Committee.
If he was nominated and was the only viable alternative to Obama, I would vote for him, as I would any of the other candidates, even including the minor ones you can't see in the news media, but can see on this forum.
I totally disagree that all of the candidates are the same. That simply is not true. I have spent far more effort than most researching them. This forum reflects that and is only a fraction of what I've studied. None, including Ron Paul, are anywhere near perfect.
If it's any consolation, two of my three brothers who post on this site support Ron Paul. The third one is an OWS, who is seeking common ground between them and "The Tea Party."
Bro, there is a niche between "NeoCon" and Paul-ite.
I'm not high on Newt either: http://venturacountyteaparty.ning.com/video/the-real-newt-gingrich
We can not and do not have the right to tell people what to do with their own bodies! It is a personal choice and responsibility. The war on drugs has done nothing to stop drug use. It has caused as much death and destruction as the drugs themselves but worse yet, it endangers the very lives of innocent citizens of this country and others who are the innocent victims of this war. The problem is this war is very lucrative for some at the expense of the many.
I don't like or condone drug use. I did not vote to legalize pot in California but I have come to the conclusion that I can not have it both ways. Believe me, I did not come to this conclusion lightly and have fought it for a long time but I either support people's freedom to choose or I don't. What if you don't like my choice to use alternative medicine, you think it is dangerous and injurious to me and my children. You believe it could endanger you in some way/ Would you pass a law prohibiting my use of certain substances that may benefit me just because YOU FEAR something bad might happen? Were is liberty, then? Where is your proof that it might be injurious to you? Who gets to decide this? Am I not my own private property? We can not go around limiting people's freedom out of our own FEAR. God is LOVE not FEAR. We have to show respect if we want to be respected. We have to give what we want and we will receive in kind. We have to practice what we preach. And we can not give in to Democratic rule, which is 51% telling the other 49% what to do or more graphically, two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner. We have a Republic for a reason!
I assume you mean Michael Miller is your brother. I am not familiar with your other brother.
I'm hoping that Cain will blow the lid off a phony attempt to demonize and destroy him. It'll be HUGE, if that happens.
Please don't preach at me. I didn't just start thinking about this when I saw your posting.
The big issue is:
- What they do to OUR bodies and property when they're high on drugs: have accidents, assault, rape, steal and kill. It seems that most arrests are drug related. I'm not sure how to separate the non assault/theft ones out of that, but I hear that most violent crime and theft is drug related.
- The effect of all that is to infringe upon OUR rights, increase our risks and costs, raise our property, casualty, auto and medical insurance costs and our taxes, even inhibit our freedom to go and do what and when we please and becloud our peace of mind.
- Many addictive personalities cannot control, or choose not to control their actions, which can and do have terrible consequences for us.
What about MY "freedom to choose" -- and to live free of the curse of others' selfish, uncontrollable addictions and consequent actions???
Do you also believe that 10 year olds should be able to have sex, drink, take hard drugs, decide when to leave home, etc? So, you might say adults do, and that's true up to a point, until they are no longer taking responsibility for their own actions, must have $300/day to buy drugs, get high, and act irresponsibly-- and it starts impacting law-biding citizens.
While marijuana takers don't normally infinge upon others' freedoms, many problem drinkers do. Coke addicts are a notch up the scale. Meth and Heroin addicts much worse. So, tell me, where do we draw the line to protect ourselves? Which grade of drugs, what quantity, under what circumstances, after what offense? Your program, please? Please tell me how lifting all regulations will solve the problem.
RE: "Where is your proof that it might be injurious to you?" That reminds me of when I was in a court room and heard a judge tell the plaintiffs that they couldn't prove that the illegal election of Obama had harmed them. Actually, drug use has been injurious to me, because I was:
1. Robbed by someone who turned out to be a drug addict
2. Assaulted by a drug addict in NYC
3. My car was struck by a drug user, causing injury to my wife and I and extensive damage to my car.
4. I have read that our insurance rates and taxes are higher because of drug abuse. This should be obvious.
Indirect effects of demand have created a criminal class of users(abusers), pushers, drug lords, drug cartels, even subverting entire organizations and governments. Does Mexico ring a bell somewhere?
While there is much that is laudable about Libertarian doctrine, its cause and effects need to be viewed in their entirety and policy adjusted accordingly. No man is an island. Like it or not, the complex interrelationships and interdependencies of human life make it that way.