The House of Representatives has been mostly in Democrat hands since WWII, with a couple of respites. The 2010 elections were a major, historic rout by the Republicans, putting them firmly in control. This was more of a strong backlash to the extreme Progressive tendencies of the Obama, Pelosi, Reid regime than any great love for Republicans. So far, they have done better than the Democrats, but are largely a big, cowardly disappointment, funding Obamacare, making mostly illusory cuts, not investigating the Obama excesses, etc.
Ventura County Tea Party recommendations
April, 2010: CA 36th District had a race. Liberal Jane Harmon won re-election in November 2010 and resigned shortly thereafter to join a Liberal think tank, which will cost the state $3MM to hold a special election, About 10 candidates are running, including Debra Bowen (D), current secretary of State. Conservative Craig Huey ran as a Republican, also garnering Libertarian endorsements. Harman won special election.
2012 candidates have already have positioned themselves, developing signature issues, stump speeches and lining up support.
Chris Mitchum and Abel Maldonado (brought you Prop 14 and higher taxes), are lining up to oppose Lois Capps (D, Outer Space) in the current CA District 26, which is more competitive than the old Dist 23. Watson dropped out, to pursue business/personal interests.
Tony Strickalnd is running as the only 26 Dist Republican against "nonpartisan" (LOL!) Linda parks and a gaggle of Democrats. Dem's are pressuring candidates to drop out to avoid splitting the vote in the new nightmare top 2 primary system they created.
Democrats: carpetbagger Assemblywoman Julia Brownley, Oak Park (via People's Republik of Santa Monica); Harbor Commissioner Jess Herrera, Oxnard; real estate broker Al Goldberg, Ventura; businessman David Cruz Thayne, Westlake Village.
Mark Reed has been showing his face at Tea Party meetings and other events. He intends to run against Brad Sherman again.
Redistricting is likely to significantly affect many races.
You can add information to any forum pages, via comments, if you are a member and if your posting is relevant to the subject of the page and our Tea Party Mission Statement (see" Read Me" section). Please post your ideas, interesting articles, surveys, prognostications below! Follow forum rules in doing so.
Postings below are in ascending chronological sequence (oldest first), with multiple levels of response permitted, in indented format.
Help Joe the Plumber for Congress!
Some big news to report! You all remember the great patriot, Joe Wurzelbacher ("Joe The Plumber") who confronted Barack Obama in the 2008 elections about his quasi-socialistic tax policies of "spreading the wealth around."
Now Joe is running for Congress against two of America's best-known liberals, and he needs our support!
We'll be putting out a press release on Monday announcing the fact that The Campaign to Defeat Barack Obama is endorsing Joe's campaign, but wanted you to hear about the news first!
Since he gamed notoriety from the 2008 elections, Joe went on to become a leading champion of the Tea Party movement, helping fuel the effort leading up to the 2010 Midterm Elections, and he helped to support local tea party groups all across the country.
Now Joe is taking another step forward by announcing that he himself is running as the Republican candidate for Congress in Ohio's 9th Congressional District - and he'll be facing two prominent liberals, Marcy Kaptur and Dennis Kucinich.
There are two reasons this race will be very important:
1) If Joe can defeat the two liberal Democrats it will be a huge win for conservatives.
2) Ohio will be perhaps the most important state in the nation for the 2012 presidential elections. So an energetic campaign by Joe will help boost Republican turnout over northern Ohio.
Joe is going to need our help! You can find out more about his campaign and sign up to get Campaign Updates at his website here: http://www.JoeForCongress2012.com/
And there's something important we need to support Joe. His campaign will be evaluated by the big political power brokers and donors at the end of this year when the December 31st fundraising period ends.
That means we have between now and the end of the year to help Joe raise as much money as possible to show he will be a strong challenger for this seat.
Here's the link to Joe Wurzelbacher's contribution page:http://www.joeforcongress2012.com/donate/
We should all donate something. Even if you can only give $5, $10 or $25, we need EVERYONE to pitch in. We need to show that Joe has tens of thousands of supporters from across the country.
I'm asking our entire team to make a contribution, so we are putting our money where our mouth is.
I've had the opportunity to know Joe for the past few years. He is exactly the type of person we need in Congress! I am honored to support him and I hope you'll join all of us at The Campaign to Defeat Barack Obama.
Above: Joe The Plumber with Gov. Sarah Palin
Thank you for your consideration of support for Joe Wurzelbacher. This will be an important race in the 2012 elections, and Joe needs our support right now to get his campaign up and running, so he can win this race!
Also, be sure to share this email with your friends on Twitter & Facebook:
Thane, 2nd Democrat candidate, to run against Bennett in Dist 26 Primary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE November 16, 2011 DAVID CRUZ THAYNE WELCOMES BENNETT TO THE RACE Visithttp://www.davidcruzthayne2012.com CONTACT: Garry South WESTLAKE VILLAGE - Congressional candidate David Cruz Thayne today welcomed Ventura County Supervisor Steve Bennett to the race in the newly drawn 26th District. "I know that Steve Bennett and I agree that Elton Gallegly should not be representing Ventura County in Congress come 2013," Thayne said. "The real question Ventura County voters will have to answer is whether sending one career politician to replace another in Washington is what the times and the challenges demand." Three-term county supervisor had announced for re-election just four months ago Thayne's chief strategist, longtime Democratic consultant Garry South, added: "Not only has Supervisor Bennett spent the better part of 20 years running for and sitting in elected office, he apparently wants to run so badly that this is the second office he has announced for in the last five months. On May 31 of this year, he officially announced to a crowd in Ventura that he was running for a fourth term as supervisor -- and cited all the reasons he should be reelected." (http://www.vcstar.com/news/2011/may/31/supervisor-steve-bennett-wil...) South also noted that under federal campaign fundraising rules, none of the money that Bennett has stockpiled -- more than $100,000, according to Bennett -- to run for reelection to the Board of Supervisors can be used in any way in a campaign for Congress. "It would be an absolute violation of federal election law for him even to take a poll testing his chances in the congressional race using non-federal money raised for a supervisorial race," South said. "He has to start all over under the tighter federal fundraising restrictions." South said he was "reasonably condent" that Bennett, as the author of the county's own campaign nance law, understood that "not a dime" of his supervisorial kitty could be transferred to a congressional campaign account. "We will be closely monitoring Bennett's activities to make sure he is not illegally using his supervisorial campaign fund to benet his congressional run," South added.
Will Elton Gallegly run?
Questions for Abel Maldonado, running for Lois Capps' seat
1) Why did you enable, as the lone Republican vote, the largest tax increase in CA history?2) You say it was a very difficult decision and tough vote, yet your other GOP colleagues didn't see fit to vote for it. Why were you the vote that allowed this to pass? Otherwise it wouldn't have.3) Did that tax increase achieve its stated goals of reducing our deficit? (answer no). Has it hurt our economy in CA? (it has)4) Follow up question: would you do it again? Why or why not? Why should we believe you?5) Please explain why Gov. Arnold S. named you to be Lt. Gov. after you were the lone Republican to vote for the tax increase?6) Why did you support Gov. Arnold S. putting the open primary on the ballot? Don't you believe registered Republicans and Democrats should chose their respective nominees?7) Why has the bulk of your fundraising come from out of district? Specifically Monterey County. Shouldn't you be able to raise the vast majority of your funds in the district you are running in?8) Why doesn't your website have any positions or issues or insights into your political philosophy?9) What is your political philosophy?10) Why do you want to be a congressman?11) What specifically do wish to accomplish?12) Why should we vote for you over your GOP competitors? (answer: because I'm raising lots of money and have lots of endorsements)13) Are you a conservative?14) If yes, how do you square your record as being the lone Republican to vote for the largest tax increase in CA history with conservative philosophy? (Reagan never would have done that and he'll claim he's the second coming of RR)15) Why did you loan your campaign $250K at the end of the last two reporting periods? ($500K total loans to himself).16) Why did you pay yourself back the first $250K right after the second $250K loan? It would seem you are just trying to put a higher total fundraising number for public consumption.(Abel showed a top line number of $918K or so but $500K of that was loans by himself ((where did that come from, he's a politician after all and their pay wouldn't support that?)). As of the Sept. reporting period he had raised $400K or so, most of that from out of district and about $150K of that he can't use until the general election. He'll say he's raised over $1M to impress people but the reality is most of it is loans to himself and much of it he can't use in the primary. As of the last reporting period he had only about $250K he has raised that he can use in the primary. New period won't report until end of Jan. His expenses are ridiculous and his campaign manager doesn't even show up as an expense, meaning he's paying him out of a different account which is illegal. Look for yourself: http://query.nictusa.com/cgi-bin/cancomsrs/?_12+H2CA23106)17) Please explain your campaign finance violations that you were fined on earlier from previous campaigns?http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/02/local/la-me-fines-20110402 (towards bottom),http://www.montereycountyweekly.com/news/2011/feb/03/funny-money/ (more fundraising irregularities),http://www.montereyherald.com/local/ci_19086669, there is tons of stuff out there, Google for yourself.18) Why should we expect that the Democrats won't make a huge issue out of these campaign finance issues? (they will)19) We note that these campaign finance issues were mostly involving Monterey county, and most of the money you are raising now is from Monterey county. This looks bad on its face, please explain your relationship with the Monterey County GOP.As a Republican voter I'm certainly curious about these issues….. I'd love to ask him these questions myself but that would be inappropriate… Take a video:-)His whole schtick is this as I've heard probably 10 times: I'm a nice guy, I've been elected to office a bunch of times, I have tons of endorsements (coerced), I'm raising tons of money (not really), and I'm prepared to spend as much of my (dad's) money as I need to win. I had to take some really tough votes but I'm really a good guy. Trust me, I'm one of you. Oh and by the way, I'm hispanic and hispanics will vote for me so I'll win.The Democrats will have a field day with this guy. They will rip him to shreds on character issues.Let me know how it goes.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE CONTACT: JAKE PARSONS
DATE: January 18, 2012 805-910-7850
TONY STRICKLAND RAISES $317,915 IN FIRST DAY
Shows broad support uniting among California job creators and community leaders
CAMARILLO, CA- One day after he launched his campaign for Congress, State Senator Tony Strickland announced that he has raised $317,915 in his first day as a candidate for the newly drawn 26th Congressional District.
“I’m running for Congress because it’s time to put an end to politics as usual that has left too many in Ventura County worrying about their future,” said Strickland. “I’m honored that so many are uniting behind our campaign to create more jobs and opportunities for every citizen.”
The funds raised to date come from a diverse community of supporters including small business owners, community leaders, and working families throughout the Congressional District.
“I’m humbled that so many have joined me in this effort in just one day,” concluded Strickland.
The total of $317,915 in one day alone would place Strickland among the top funded Congressional candidates the country for the previous three-month quarter. Noteworthy about the influx of financial support is that none of the contributions reflect transfers of any kind from Strickland's state senate campaign account and only represent new financial contributors.
State Senator Tony Strickland was elected to the California State Senate representing parts of Ventura, Los Angeles and Santa Barbara Counties in 2008. He previously served the area as a member of the State Assembly from 1998 to 2004. He is marred to his wife of 13 years, Audra. Together they have two small children: Ruby Ruth and Anthony Paul.
Tom Watson- Capps Opponent
GOP; Maldonado, Mitchum
My Campaign Plans
I wanted to update you on my plans and status with regards to the upcoming
congressional race. As most of you are aware, I am not a career politician and in fact
the 2010 congressional contest was my ﬁrst foray into elective politics.
It was an amazing experience. The best part of it was meeting so many of you that I
would have had no occasion to meet otherwise. The support we received and the
friendships we formed have changed our lives forever. I was honored and humbled to
be your candidate.
Based upon the polling data, how we performed in 2010, the new district and other
feedback I have received, I believe that we would have an excellent chance of
prevailing in both the primary and general election. This is the ﬁrst chance in over a
decade that our district is competitive, and there is
a real opportunity to elect a conservative to represent the central coast. It won't be an
easy ﬁght but it is certainly winnable. This seat is one of the top 10 targeted
nationwide by the GOP for a turnover.
After consulting with my family over the last few months and considering my ongoing
business commitments, it has become clear that the timing for another congressional
run is not optimal. The time and effort required to mount a successful and credible
campaign is signiﬁcant and life has a way
of inserting itself into one's plans.
So it is with great regret that I am formally announcing that I will not be seeking elective
ofﬁce this cycle. I intend to lend my full support to the effort to elect conservatives to
ofﬁce. It is imperative that we elect not
just Republicans, but conservatives who have the personal courage and integrity to
take the difﬁcult stands needed to return our republic to its Constitutional roots, avoid
ﬁnancial collapse, deal with the long term structural entitlement issues and most
importantly, preserve our hard won liberties.
As much I would love to run again and believe we would win, family and other
considerations outweigh my personal desires to serve at this point in my life. I want to
thank you all for your support and encouragement in the 2010 campaign and
continued enthusiasm for my candidacy. I will remain
engaged in the battle to preserve the promise of America for my son and future
generations and will certainly consider another run in the future.
This election, like the last one, will be crucial to preserve a thriving America. I am
optimistic the American people will make the right choices again.
With my heartfelt appreciation and affection,
CHRIS MITCHUM, CANDIDATE FOR CONGRESS IN THE 24th DISTRICT, BEATS FORMER Lt. GOVERNOR ABEL MALDONADO BY MORE THAN A 2 TO 1 MARGIN IN ABLE'S HOME TOWN OF SANTA MARIAAt a Forum held Thursday night, hosted by the Lincoln Club and other Republican organizations at the Santa Maria Library, Chris Mitchum, candidate for Congress, out-polled former Lt. Governor and hometown boy Abel Maldonado 68% to 32% in a straw poll after the Forum. Maldonado has served on the City Council, as Mayor, State Assembly and State Senate for the district. Each candidate had ten minutes to speak and a five minute Q & A afterwards.Maldonado, a career politician and darling of the NRCC, has lost the support of many mainstream Republicans because he cast the swing vote for the largest tax raise in California history, many believe in a deal to get Democratic support for his appointment to Lt. Governor. He was, also, the spearhead for the open primary, gaining the ire or Republicans.Mitchum has grassroots support and is gaining momentum throughout the District. Earlier this month, Tom Watson, candidate for Congress in the 2010 race, dropped out of this race and endorsed Mitchum.Maldonado said he was "unable to attend the Forum" and sent is daughter, Erica, as a surrogate to read a prepared speech. Mitchum hopes to face Maldonado in a debate scheduled by the Santa Barbara Republican Women Federated in March.
CANDIDATE'S NIGHT - SANTA MARIA
Come meet Congressional and local candidates running for office in the 2012 Election!
Thursday, February 16, 2012
5:00 - 8:00 pm
Sheppard Hall at the Santa Maria Library
421 South McClelland Street, Santa Maria
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
The 2012 Elections are the most important elections of our lifetime!
Everyone is welcome! Bring a "new" Republican to register and you will get a box of See's Candy Coffee & Cookies will be served.
For more information contact Dee Greenawald at:
The Lincoln Club of Santa Maria
Santa Maria Valley Republicans
Central Coast Republican Women's Club Federation
This investment ad contains much of what you need to know to want to vote out a moron like Lois Capps
A major investment management firm has been running this ad successfully for many months, selling a comntra investment stretagy based on the votes of Lois Capps.
Getting into office on a sympathy vote, because of her dead husband, she had and has no qualifications for the job and an ideology inimical to most of our interests. The damage has been only compounded over the years as her Pelosi-bot voting record helps to perpetuate the extreme left wing California delegation's destructive policies.
Local elections, including Congress
Sam is reputed to be a real Conservative
As many of you know, I have been working hard to identify and support candidates that I trust to defend our principles of limited government, individual liberties, and economic freedom.
One such individual is Sam Aanestad, whom I have had the honor to serve with in the California State Assembly and Senate. Please take the time to hear Sam's message.
My name is Sam Aanestad and I am running for the open seat to represent
California’s 1st Congressional District.
I am contacting you with the enthusiastic support of Congressman Tom McClintock, a respected friend, colleague and chairman of my campaign.
Despite making historic gains in 2010, our nation is continuing to face a financial crisis of immense magnitude. Our nation will face a Greece-like catastrophe if we fail to reduce our debt and balance our budget.
Much of the problem is due to the fact that we still do not have enough principled conservatives in Washington D.C....
... principled conservatives like Tom, who has stood the line against Democrats and the Republican establishment alike and consistently puts principle over politics.
It is difficult – I know. In my 12 years in the California State House and Senate I was faced with a similar battle.
Yet, I proudly voted with Tom in opposing the state budgets that drove our state to the brink of bankruptcy.
In fact, I am the only one in my race that can say that I have never voted for a tax increase or for an unbalanced budget.
This is why you can count on me to stand solidly behind our conservative principles of limited government, economic freedom and individual liberty.
To accomplish this though, I need your help. Will you help by donating $25, $50, $150, $500 or anything up to the $2,500 limit towards my campaign?
Your contribution will help ensure that only the most principled conservative voice will represent California's 1st District on Capitol Hill.
Thank you for your support.
P.O. Box 475, Grass Valley, CA 95945
Follow on Twitter | "Like Sam" on Facebook | Forward to a friend
CA CD 24
Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
Media Alert !"HE WINS, WE WIN! "LA Times reveals the true depth of Maldonado's tax hypocrisy....My Fellow taxpayers,
When Congressman Tom McClintock refers to Abel Maldonado as the most "unprincipled and untrustworthy politician" with whom he's ever served, he knows what he's talking about. Here's a link to the in depth disclosure of Abel Maldonado's attempts over the years to avoid paying his fair share of taxes while breaking his pledge to not raise our taxes. It's a pattern, not an incident.As this article amply demonstrates beyond any reasonable doubt this is not the kind of career politician we can trust with tax policy. I'm asking for your vote to protect your tax burden next Tuesday when you arrive at the polls...please bring a friend.Thank you for your support and your trust.Christopher Mitchum
GET OUT THE VOTE ON TUESDAY JUNE 5TH!Representative for California's 4th Congressional District
Mitchum For CongressPO Box 4130Santa Barbara, California 93140
Some of us walked precincts over the weekend on Torrance and Costa Mesa, I know that not everybody is able due to health issues,
so here is what I would like you to do for the next twenty four hours:
Since most of you live in the 30th Congressional District and perhaps already voted by absentee ballot, would you PLEASE call ten (l0) of
your freinds or family members who are not as informed as you are in the political process, spend at least three (3) minutes with each
explaning them why they should vote for Mark Reed, he is the ONLY Conservative Republican running for Congress in the 30th CD.
That is ONLY thirty minutes of your time that you will be on the phone doing your volunteer job for a great and deserving candidate.
Thank you so much and have a great day!
JUNE 5, 2012
This Election is not about Republicans or Democrats.
It is about American independents,
those who truly think for themselves.
Are you one of them?
A NOTE FROM MICHAEL REAGAN
Get to know Mark Reed
to listen to a one-on-one interview with Jack Marino.
Click here to listen to a 28 second audio clip of Mr. Reagan's endorsement of Mark Reed.
This is Michael Reagan, calling on all independents to vote for Mark Reed for Congress.
When my father was president, he worked every day to strengthen our economy, create jobs and make America strong. Mark Reed shares my father’s values, and he believes that creating jobs should be America’s top priority. That’s why I’m asking you to vote for Mark Reed for Congress.
-------------------------------------------SHERMAN AND BERMAN SHARE THE SAME FAILED ECONOMIC & POLITICAL PHILOSOPHIES OF OBAMA, PELOSI AND REID.
This election is not about Republicans or Democrats... It's about 30 years of failed policies both Sherman and Berman have participated in and promoted. These policies have created a 17% unemployment rate in the San Fernando Valley, 80,000 home foreclosures last year, one out of every three Mom & Pop stores closing down, and 17 large companies leaving California every month. Sherman and Berman continue to argue over who improved the 405 freeway, while the rest of us worry about our jobs and keeping our homes.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results. These two incumbents have been in office for a combined 64 years. It's time for new ideas and solutions! Make your vote count, and see what a courageously independent, and fiscally conservative, Mark Reed can do in Congress.
June 5th Vote Mark Reed
and send a strong message to Washington D.C.
MARK REED HAS BEEN ENDORSED BY
- NEW: National Hispanic Assembly
- NEW: National iCaucus
- Statewide California Republican Assembly (CRA)
- Los Angeles California Republican Assembly
- Ventura County California Republican Assembly
- Satewide California Congress of Republicans
- Hollywood Congress of Republicans
- Los Angeles Country Republican Party
- Ventura County Republican
- San Fernando Valley Republican Club
- Michael Reagan – Son of President Ronald Reagan
- John Bolton -- Former U.N. Ambassador
- Mike Antonovich -- L.A. County Supervisor/Mayor
- Sharron Angle -- Nevada Assemblywoman
- Tony Strickland -- Calif. State Senator
- Chuck DeVore -- Calif. State Assemblyman
- Sharon Runner -- Calif. State Senator
- Connie Conway -- Calif. Republican Assembly Leader
- Mike Morrell -- Calif. State Assemblyman
- Cameron Smyth -- Calif. State Assemblyman
- Frank E. Baxter -- U.S. Ambassador to Uruguay
- Ed Ames -- Actor, Community Leader
- Burt Prelutsky -- Political commentator for the L.A. Times
- Mark Isler -- Conservative Radio Host
- Walter Allen -- III Mayor of Covina
- Celeste Greig -- President of the CRA
- Jeffers M. Dodge -- CEO PopModal Videos & AirModal Independent
- Steve Frank -- Publisher Calif. Political News and Views
- Mike Spence -- Chairman of the CRP Initiatives Committee
- Mike Osborn -- Treasure, Chairman, Ventura County Republican Party
KFI Radio Host and Debate Moderator, Bill HandelDeclares Mark Reed the Winner of the CSUN DebateClick here to listen to a 76 second audio clip.
...and gives a candid description of Susan Shelley.Click here to listen to a 40 second audio clip.
The time is now, and the candidate is Mark Reed.
On June 5th, vote for Mark Reed for Congress.
A life-long resident of the San Fernando Valley,
Mark Reed will be a strong voice for all of us in the Valley,
regardless of party preference.
© 2023 Created by David M Stewart. Powered by