Ex-Presidential Candidate Tancredo: The Case for Impeachment
Yes, folks, it's coming to that. Obama has gone far beyond mere incompetence, shredding the Constitution daily: Czars, nationalizations, taking private property without due process, bankrupting the country, creating huge divisiveness-- politically, ideologically, racially, economically, abusing powers, appointing left-wing activist judges making law on the bench, greatly weakening our security and driving spending, debt and taxes far higher. There is a question about whether the situation is even recoverable.
Can we actually impeach Obama right now? Probably not. The Democrat Congressional supermajority would not risk impeachment, which would greatly undermine their own chances for maintaining their power base. Besides, many of them actually want what Obama is doing.
The Republicans could now build a strong enough case to justify impeachment, but don't yet have the House votes for it. They probably will after the election. The House can impeach, as happened in 1999 to Clinton, but the Senate probably won't have the votes to remove him. Impeachment, however, fatally undermines a Presidency, even without removal, such as it did to Clinton, with far less serious offenses. You may recall that a bipartisan consensus to impeach Nixon was building in 1973 and he also didn't commit nearly the magnitude of offenses that Obama already has. He abandoned his office, rather than endure the humiliation of a messy impeachment process.
Summary of the main points for impeachment we have seen:
- Fiscal madness, out of control spending-- is it a deliberate Cloward-Piven to wreck the country, or merely sheer incompetence?
- Serious weakening of national security
- Illegal/Unconstitutional seizure of assets, nationalization of companies/industries
- Support of bank, FNME, Freddie Mac, AIG, bailouts
- Undermining of justice system- illegal firings, Black Panther case, Unconstitutional challenge to AZ SB1070, using DOJ to defend Obama’s personal lawsuits, etc.
- Signing of Unconstitutional Obamacare, via an Unconstitutional process
- Possible bribery, intimidation, in ramming through new laws, executive orders
- Appointment of treacherous subordinates to positions, some of them unaccountable (Czars)
- Inability to lead the nation
- May be ineligible, due to foreign parent and other reasons
- Possible Social Security criminal fraud-- #042-68-4425 and fifteen others
- Possible Selective Service criminal fraud
Of course, the LeftMedia is already reacting to all this with charges of “Obama derangement syndrome” and other nonsense. This of course, gets Google search top billing, with photos and contains inaccurate claims, but what else would you expect? ….
Of course, impeaching Obama, even if also removing him, would not remove the cancer of progressive subversion, that may have already metastasized and requires removal for our survival. However, it would be an electrifying first step, which would rally patriots, dismay and shake the entrenched Left to its rotten core. We'll see if the House actually has the courage to do what needs to be done. Don't hold your breath.