Dear Conservative Friends,
Just wanted to recap our meeting last Thursday for future “Action”.
- Hand-out and brief discussion of Proposition 218, “the Right to Vote on Taxes Act” as related to the “Cost of Service Fee Study” used as justification for raising fees in Simi Valley and a guide for evaluating any future tax/fee increases being considered by the City Council.
- Guest Speaker – Linda Paine – President, Co-Founder of “Election Integrity Project” - a statewide communication hub with the purpose of linking citizens from every county in the state to overcome the destructive policies of the progressive movement. Their web-site should be ready in a few weeks.
- Hand-out and brief discussion of “Police Department’s Salaries” – the “Third Rail “ of Simi Valley politics.
- Hand-out and brief discussion of the 24 page PDF file sent out with the meeting invitations. “Effectivism” - Activism that Works!
- Brief discussion of writing “Letters to the Editor” effort focusing on the $6 million from the Lighting District fund. Greg Lister to organize meeting next week about letter writing.
- Discussion of “Start-Up Simi Valley” as related to the $6 million listed above and how to present “Solutions” rather than just criticism of the city.
- Brief discussion of available funds for marketing and advertising the organization “Conservative Action Alliance” plus current “Action” items under consideration.
- Brief discussion on strategies related to current “Action” items.
Meeting attendance did improve from the prior month. We did have several people from outside Simi Valley. Thousand Oaks, Camarillo and Valencia.
Next meeting is July 23rd, (6pm dinner – 7pm General meeting) at the Junkyard Café – 2585 Cochran Street, Simi Valley, CA 93065 – 805-520-5865 (Garage door room)
Several of the folks have requested a number of documents, which will be sent out in the next few days. 2013 Salaries of SVUD and the City of Simi Valley, “Effectivism”, and other documents previously discussed.
Web-site is now under construction.
Please mark your calendars for next month’s meeting and don’t forget to bring a friend.