Actor Jon Voight, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, and Dr. Milton Wolf, Obama’s second cousin, will speak in opposition to Obamacare at the "Code Red" rally in Washington, D.C. this Saturday at noon
Washington -- Actor Jon Voight, Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, and Dr. Milton Wolf, President Obama’s second cousin, will speak at the “Code Red” rally to oppose Obamacare this Saturday at noon in Washington, DC. The rally will take place on Capitol Hill at Upper Senate Park, which is located at 200 New Jersey Avenue, NW, at the intersection of Constitution Avenue, New Jersey Avenue, and Delaware Avenue.
The rally is the latest action of the “Take the Town Halls to Washington” project, and is hosted by the American Grassroots Coalition. It is sponsored by over two dozen grassroots Tea Party organizations, including the Nationwide Tea Party Coalition.
Featured speakers will include:
· Congresswoman Michele Bachmann (MN)
· Congressman Tom Price (GA)
· Congressman Joe Wilson (SC)
· Congressman Phil Gingrey (GA)
· State Senator Judson Hill (GA)
· Actor & Activist Jon Voight
· Dr. Milton Wolf, Barack Obama's second cousin who opposes Obamacare
· Colin Hanna, Let Freedom Ring
· Jim Martin, 60 Plus
· Phil Kerpen, Americans for Prosperity
· Tim Phillips, Americans for Prosperity
· Andrew Langer, Institute for Liberty
· Kathryn Serkes, Doctor Patient Medical Association
· Mark Skoda, Memphis Tea Party
· Amy Kremer, Tea Party Express
· Jennifer Hulsey, American Grassroots Coalition
· Ken Emanuelson, Dallas Tea Party
· Ben Cunningham, Founder of the Tennessee Tax Revolt
· Darla Dawald, Grassfire / Resistnet
The coalition of Tea Party and grassroots organizations sponsoring this rally is committed to changing the dynamics of this legislative process. "The Democratic led Congress is using procedural and legislative rules to ignore the overwhelming opposition to this proposed legislation," said Mark Skoda of Memphis Tea Party, co-organizer of the “Take The Town Halls to Washington” project. "The will of the American people is being subverted by these actions and the grass roots activists who make up this coalition are focusing their energy to kill the bill."
Michael Patrick Leahy, co-organizer of the “Take the Town Halls to Washington” project, encouraged everyone to make the effort to attend the rally. “We encourage every American citizen who defends the Constitution to drop everything they’re doing and come to Washington tomorrow to join us in this rally. If you arrive early, you can stop by the project's war room, which is located at the Capitol Hill Suites at 200 C St, SE in Washington.”
The Nationwide Tea Party Coalition, sponsor of the “Take the Town Halls to Washington” project, is an informal federation of thirty local tea party leaders from around the country. It is the group that organized the very first nationwide tea parties on February 27, 2009 and April 15, 2009.
Additional information can be found at the project’s website: http://www.takethetownhallstowashington.com
Visit Tea Party Nation at: http://www.teapartynation.com/?xg_source=msg_mes_network