In general, both gave too many soundbites, not enough specifics.
Meg had better command of the facts, Didn't have to defend a terrible record like Brown, took the offensive. Meg's indulgent smile while Moonbeam was talking was devastating,
She was right about the water bond being very important, but seemed to imply that nothing could be done about the Central Valley water shut off (a "tragedy").
She excused her buying the nomination by claiming it keeps her "independent," Yeah, but are we?
Both claimed that they could make 15-20% cuts, in operating budgets, renegotiate pensions and comp.
Meg focused on:
- Jobs- tax cuts, dereg, slow down AB32 (not stop), untangle reg's, use technology (how?) (Meg came out AGAINST Prop 23 last week).
- Increase govt efficiency
- Get schools back in order
This week, she is tougher on immigration again, stopping illegal employment
Funny, no questions about her Goldman Sachs scandals, firings, Spanish billboards dissing Prop 187 and SB 1070, actual performance in industry, love of Van Jones, Support of Barbara Boxer, membership in CFR, huge contributions to left wing causes, favor of abortion.
Brown seemed a little feeble, even a bit punch-drunk. He's gonna bring the state back with green jobs and finance everything on the backs of "the wealthy." (that's us).
He is clearly anti-business, anti-wealthy, pro-union, anti-death penalty, beholden to unions.
He has a record of higher taxes, higher debt, higher crime, crumbling education, in CA and Oakland. As Atty-General, he:
- Dropped the ACORN case
- Failed to defend Prop 8
- Failed to move on election fraud, with Bowen
- failed to sue over Obama care and state unfunded liabilities
Brown was well ahead of Meg before the debate:
Third Party Governor candidate Chelene Nightingale did an interview on John and Ken show before that. Did rather well. http://patriotwebsites.net/kfi9282010.m3u
- Immigration- best plan of the three
-- Deploy CA Military Reserve to border-- immediately
-- Bring back Prop 187- has legal strategy
-- Block illegal jobs
- Encourage business
-- Cut corp tax 50%
-- Elim transfer fee
- -Create friendly business climate, deregulate
- -Prop 23
- Fight CA Obama care impact, including unfunded liabilities
-- Reduce impact of $22 BB illegal immigrant impact
- -Revamp public empl comp/pensions, move to 401K's
-- Privatize prisons
- Water- Turn it back on, people more important than fish. We have enough to do that. Arrest Fed agents that try to block her.
- Supports Prop 23, hates AB32, would shut down, curtail "environmental terrorism committees"