I hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday. I want to personally thank you for your strong support of our efforts to fight corruption in Washington, DC, and across the country. My colleagues and I are grateful for your help in making Judicial Watch the leading government watchdog in Washington.
As you well know, we are the midst of a constitutional crisis in Washington the likes of which we have not seen in generations, and our work now is more important than ever. Under President Obama the federal government is out of control, metastasizing at an exponential rate and encroaching into more aspects of our lives, while ignoring the rule of law in favor of political opportunism.
Judicial Watch right now is actively involved in some of the most important anti-corruption investigations and lawsuits in the organization's history. For example:
Judicial Watch is uniquely positioned to do the hard work of confronting the abuse and corruption of Obama's Washington. JW is committed to policing our government and to protecting our constitutional system. We are absolutely up to the task. Will you please join our cause?
- Judicial Watch is a force in the battle against Obamacare, filing a landmark lawsuit on behalf of Larry Kawa of Kawa Orthodontics, challenging the president's unconstitutional decision to unilaterally rewrite the law to suit his personal and political interests. JW also continues to break through the Obama stonewall in pursuit of Obamacare records. For example, JW has filed more than a dozen Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests with various government agencies probing the corruption and fraud that is at the heart of Obamacare. More news on this front next week.
- Judicial Watch has launched an aggressive investigation of the IRS abuse scandal. Led by former IRS head Lois Lerner, the nation's tax collecting agency targeted conservative organizations with abusive audits, released confidential tax records, and stonewalled nonprofit applications from groups deemed to be associated with the Tea Party. JW investigators have already made some very interesting finds that demonstrate how deep and wide this scandal goes. Much more to come.
- JW has taken its clean election campaign to a whole new level, hiring Robert D. Popper, former Deputy Chief of the Voting Section of the Department of Justice (DOJ), to help lead our Election Integrity Project. Fresh off of an election integrity victory in Virginia, JW is now in court with its partner and client True the Vote in Indiana and Ohio as part of a historic legal effort to clean up the voter registration rolls. Our team is also defending state election integrity measures, such as voter ID laws, against persistent attacks from the Obama administration and its fellow travelers on the Left.
- Judicial Watch continues to lead in investigating the Benghazi terrorist attacks, which resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. (See JW's Benghazi special report here for details.) The Obama administration lied about the incident from the outset, and has made a concerted effort to cover-up the truth about the nature of the attacks. But JW has broken through the stonewall, obtaining photographic evidence of the attacks, and continues to pressure the Obama administration for the truth.
- Judicial Watch is also a leader in efforts to enforce the nation's immigration laws, which includes opposing sanctuary policies that encourage greater numbers of illegal aliens to cross the border and put American citizens at risk. The illegal alien amnesty campaign begins at the top, with a presidential administration willing to ignore Congress and enact amnesty policies through executive fiat. But it is executed on the ground by local and state politicians willing to look the other way while immigration laws are broken. (See JW's lawsuitin Cook County, IL, to see what I mean.)
- JW continues to push forward aggressively on a number of other Obama scandals, including attacks on the Second Amendment, the NSA spying scandal, the Obama administration's attack on the First Amendment religious liberty rights of members of our military, Obama's illicit collection of your credit card information and credit reports, and many more.
Your tax-deductible gift today is urgently needed to help us carry out our investigations, lawsuits and public education initiatives, and to be ready to take on new battles as they arise. No amount is too small, and I will be grateful for anything you can give.
Frankly, I fear for the future of our nation. Our federal government is off the rails and out of control. Judicial Watch is often the first line of defense for Americans who want to find out what the government is up to and to stop corruption in DC.
You can't rely on Congress and you can't rely on the "government media." But you can rely on Judicial Watch, which is your independent watchdog in Washington.
Thank you again for your support. Please accept my sincerest wishes to you and your family for a happy and healthy Thanksgiving holiday.