Wonder why the number of my Liberal friends keeps decreasing? This one really needs to get out and be exposed to something beyond HuffPo, Daily Kos, CNN and MSNBC (Start with ZeroHedge, Golden Jackass, Stansberry Research). Well, let's deconstruct David's post (his words are in "quotes")....
|"There's a can of worms, for sure. Funny how someone would measure the president on what laws he passes when he doesn't actually pass laws; congress does."
1. "Actually, when he signs a law, he owns it (Same forBush who never vetoed a bill his 1st 6 years).
2. A far-left Congress passed (and "Obama" signed) things like the deeply flawed and arguably unconstitutional Obamacare, with very strong support from "Obama"- his staff helped write much of it and he used questionable tactics, some say illegal, to buy votes for it. It never could have passed legally.
"Or should he be vetoing all that stuff that the conservatives are passing his way?"
1. There are maybe a few dozen Conservatives in the House and less than 10 in the Senate. Most of the rest are Neocons or Progressives.
2. He doesn't need to veto much, since Harry Reid is shortstopping many bills in the Senate. "Obama" did however, sign multiple unconstitutional bills that leaked through.
"Executive orders control how the government is run, at a maximum. They do not affects us beyond the feds spending more money for that federal minimum wage (affecting only government employees and contractors), and stuff like that. "
1. I agree that is what executive orders are supposed to do, but they have been used to actually create law, which is totally illegal. Much of this predates "Obama" but he has taken it to a new level of illegality. An example is the de facto dream act, where he has given instructions to DHS that simply violate immigration law. In addition to this executive order allowing illegals to stay here (a misinterptretation of a 2008 law to provide refuge to some trafficking victims), he has evidently allowed illegals to enter the country instead of stopping them at the border, then detained, then released many with orders to attend deportation hearings which he knows 97% will dishonor. In addition, he had made public statements sounding like a welcome to illegals, which has greatly exacerbated the situation.
"Statistics are pretty meaningful. Trusting them is bad, but so is ignoring them. But in the end, we all get our information from the internet and the ignore if our hated president did something good, or spout out all day about how our previous hero president was #winning. It happens ever administration, but is just worse these days because, and no racist admits to it, that the president is a black guy."
1. My opinion of you significantly dropped after you pulled a cheap "race card" trick, especially as we formerly supported Herman Cain and Alan Keyes, both of whom are actual American Black patriots. You know darned well that we object to having an inexperienced, unqualified, incompetent, arrogant, lawless America-hating fraud in office and hold people like you accountable for permitting it. Whatever partisan advantage you have gained by implementing your Progressive agenda more readily will be far more offset by the long-term damage done to our society and our nation as a result. Examples: deficit financing, uncontrolled borders, illegal harassment of political enemies, disastrous foreign policy, NDAA detention rules violating 5th Amendment rights, illegal (4th Amendment violation) spying on Americans and others, dismantling our defenses while our potential enemies are greatly accelerating their own capabilities, support of Hamas and Muslim Brotherhood organizations.
2. We gather, vet and compare information from a number of sources- friendly and unfriendly. In any case, the Internet is a medium, not a source. You do know the difference, right?
As far as the graphic above: "5 years of Obama," please add to it:
- $6 TRILLION increase in national debt in the first 6 years (more than the first 225 years o nationhood, for a total of $17 trillion
- About $120 trillion in total liabilities (see usdebtclock.org)
- De facto unemployment rate of over 20%. As peoples' unemployment insurance runs out or they otherwise drop out of the workforce, they are left out of the Labor Dept. "headline " unemployment stats. A more accurate way to look at it: The percentage of people of working age working (labor utilization) is down to 66%- depression numbers.
- De facto inflation rate of 6%- food price inflation 15-20%, while gasoline more than doubled since "Obama" took office.
- De facto GDP shrink, when inflation is considered, lower organically when deficit financing is removed. (this and above 2 items see shadowstats.com).
- More than half of Americans disapprove of "Obama's" performance.
- As far as the Dow- don't make me laugh. Look at the daily shares volumes- tiny. A tiny pool owns most of the Dow stocks and prices are incompatible with backward PE's- unsustainable.
- The Federal reserve is printing $40 billion a month and lowered interest rates to nearly an all time low in a disastrous effort of "pump-priming" the economy in the 5 years you are foolish enough to brag about. The artificial stimulus has not only failed to really revived the economy, but has created structural problems and inefficient redirection of capital.
- Real estate sales are tanking again.
- real wages, adjusted for inflation are lower than they were in 1980.
- Manufacturing jobs may be lower than they were before WWII, even though population has more than doubled
- Fraud investigation of commodity trading still stalled (in fairness, a holdover from Bush, but "Obama" has only made it worse.
There is more, but first prove you can absorb this and comment honestly and meaningfully on it.
Tell me all about "Hope 'n Change" Davey.