Date: February 27, 2014
Time: 10:00 am
Place: Rayburn Building Room 2154
PRESS CONFERENCE TO BE HELD ON THE INDEPENDENCE AVENUE EXIT OF RAYBURN BUILDING IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING HEARING.
(February 25, 2014, Washington, D.C.) After months of speculation, the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform announced that the hearing for the 30 U.S. Navy SEALs and other special ops who suspiciously died in a helicopter shoot-down in Afghanistan on a mission called Extortion 17 will take place February 27, 2014. The Committee has named the hearing "Afghanistan: Honoring the Heroes of Extortion 17." Honoring these heroes means that the Committee will provide legitimate and honest answers to the surviving families.
The circumstances surrounding the deaths of these men require a full investigation especially in light of the inexplicable inconsistencies contained in the official crash report given to the families just two months after the shoot-down. Specifically, thefamilies request answers to the following unexplained questions:
- Why the Obama Administration disclosed the identity of SEAL Team VI after the death of Osama Bin Laden, putting a target on the backs of the troops on Extortion 17 and their families?
- Why the troops' request of pre-assault fire was denied?
- Why a less vulnerable helicopter was not used for the mission?
- Why the "black box" of the helicopter was never found because of an alleged flash flood?
- Why seven Afghan commandoes were substituted out within thirty minutes of the take-off and why the seven Afghans' identities who replaced the original Afghans are undisclosed?
- Whether the Afghan commandoes onboard compromised the crew of Extortion 17 as part of yet another example of Taliban infiltration and a green-on-blue attack?
- Whether the Afghan President Karzai "sold" the coordinates of Extortion 17 to the Taliban to get something in exchange?
- Why a Muslim cleric was allowed to damn the soldiers to hell as infidels for not believing in Allah at a ramp ceremony?
- Why some of the family members were told that their sons had to be cremated when, after requesting autopsy reports, they discovered their sons to be completely intact?
The families represented by Freedom Watch have expressed their desire that these questions be posed and answered by the Committee.
For more information, contact Freedom Watch at email@example.com or (424) 274-2579.