The Tea Party movement has taken the nation by storm, in spite of attempts by the media and establishment to first ignore it, then dismiss it and now use all the tools in their Alinsky toolbox against it. Initially protesting high taxes, spending and bailouts, it is maturing into a political movement that advocates a return to a constitutional republic, fiscal prudence and restoration of liberties.
Tea Party Threat Made Good
How should the Tea Party address that? Protests? Voter education? Advocacy? Evaluating public officials and candidates? PACs? A third party? Turn out the vote?
This is a multi-threaded forum, so you can bring up new topics within this discussion and extend them as long as you want. You may have to scroll/page down to get to where you want to be. Sound off and tell us your thoughts, below ....
Please let us know "What Should the Tea Party be Doing?"
Include such things as:
- Specific event ideas
Let us know what role you would like to play
Some ideas for upcoming meetings discussed until after 10:00 PM, following a recent meeting
- More on the VC Biology (environmental) guidelines
- State budget, incl taxes, attempt to kill Prop 13, state pensions, etc. etc
- Education funding
- Federal budget
- Political Comedy (sounds redundant)
- Lecture by well-known CA political writer
- Constitution- general, 10th Amendment, 5th amendment, major Constitutional issues
- Obama impeachable offenses