"The penalty for not participating in politics is to be governed by your inferiors." - Plato
The Presidency is the big political prize. With the worst "president" ever as the incumbent, who is already campaigning, you would think he is in deep trouble, but he could actually win, especially if the GOP fumbles-- and they did.
Looks like we have Barack Hussein Obama-Soetoro-Soebarkah-Bounel back and he will be much worse the second time around, full of himself, arrogant, spoiling for revenge, no more elections, "flexibility" for Vladmir, making energy prices "skyrocket," increasing Socialism, deploying Czars, borrowing, spending, QE, taxes,Supreme Court "Justices," especially if the Senate rolls over like last term.
For all practical purposes, we are down to only two viable candidates, AKA Obama and Romney. The battle is on.
Mitt Romney, Nominated by GOP 8-28-12
Mitt Picks Paul Ryan for VP
Gary Johnson, Libertarian Nominee
Ed Noonan, CA AIP Nominee
A stacked AIP convention ignored the will of the voters and picked Tom Hoefling as its nominee. Why should they be any different from the Republicrats?
- Mitt Romney- W- Bright, highly successful businessman/consultant, Romneycare issue, baggage, flip-flopped on choice, cap/trade, amnesty, now denying "warming," or is he? Opposes SB1070, RINO. Polling well. Choice of GOP hierarchy. Possible eligibility questions. Won NH, 2nd in SC. Won FL big. CA Nominee and national nominee as of 8-28-12- Congrats!
- Gary Johnson- W- Former successful businessman (construction), 2-time former New Mexico Governor, anti-tax, anti-bureaucracy, Libertarian, pro-choice, more, more, more. Barred from debates. Left GOP to run as Libertarian. CA Nominee and national nominee- Congrats!
- Ed Noonan-W- American Independent Party. Constitutional Conservative. Challenges Obama's eligibility. Shares some of Ron Paul's monetary policy views, but more Conservative overall. CA AIP Nominee- Congrats!
- Laurie Roth-W- American Independent Party- Singer, songwriter, talk show hostess (IRN-USA), actively challenges Obama's eligibility, work to make America energy independent, stop drug trade, go to only 2% consumption tax.
- John Dummett- W- CA govt. programmer, doesn't seem to have many qualifications, except common sense and intelligence, which I suppose puts him ahead of the incumbent, whose eligibility he actively challenges, along with the 16th Amendment.
The dates and venues have been announced for the 2012 Presidential debates between President Obama and the eventual GOP nominee. The date for the Vice Presidential debate has also been announced.
Ticketing for the 2012 general election debates is controlled by the Commission on Presidential Debates and tickets will be extremely limited. The majority of tickets are distributed to university students and faculty through a lottery system with the remaining tickets going to friends and families of the campaigns and the media.
|October 3, 2012||Air Time TBD
Location: University of Denver in Denver, Colorado
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
|October 11, 2012
|Air Time TBD
Location: Centre College in Danville, Kentucky
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: Vice President Biden and the GOP Vice Presidential nominee
|October 16, 2012||Air Time TBD
Location: Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
|October 22, 2012||
Air Time TBD
- Ron Paul- W- Libertarian icon, longtime GOP Congressman, ran for Presidency multiple times, polling better than 2008. Has serious spending cut plans, don't like his national security views. Running about 3rd. Distant 4th in FL. "Suspended" campaign 5/14/12. Placed second in CA primary even after dropping out!
- Newt Gingrich- W- "Balanced" budget in 90's, bright historian, personal scandal, big govt., recovering "warmer," Globalist, denounced Ryan Medicare plan, his entire Iowa staff quit, citing his lack of commitment, declared. Attracting attention in debates. Pundits loved it. Won SC Primary big. Distant 2nd in FL.
- Rick Santorum- W- Ex-PA Senator, real Conservative, supported Spector, hasn't developed much national persona or traction. Very aggressive recently. Questions about his eligibility. Placed third in CA primary even after dropping out!
- Rick Perry-W- Self-described Conservative who is big spender, TTC/NAU fan, hates SB1070, weak on immigration, a Bilderberger speaker. Getting creamed in debates, polls plunged. Dropped out before SC Primary- 1/12
- Jon Huntsman-W- Ex-Ambassador to China under Obama, rich (inherited), Two time Utah Governor, speaks Mandarin, Death Panels, favors "The mandate," Global Warmer, RINO?, Served in Reagan and Bush administrations, nominated Sarah Palin, big spender- Declared. Weak performance. We predict dropout. Yup- 1-16-12,
- Michele Bachmann- W- Real Conservative (with a few lapses), Tea Partier, MN Congresswoman, former IRS tax attorney, media HATES her, good job at NH/IA debates- won Iowa Straw Poll, lost polling points vs Perry, Gingrich, Paul. Formulaic debate statements. Dropped out after poor Iowa performance, where she won a straw poll just a few months ago.
- Herman Cain- W- Successful businessman, Fed Reserve official and promoter, NAU, aced at SC debate, some gaffes, video and more. 9-9-9 plan needs work. Harassment allegations, alleged affair and gaffes ultimately forced him out.
- Sarah Palin- W- VP candidate, outspoken, Conservative, excellent (self)-promoter, some Tea Party support, polarizing, gaffe-prone- hasn't declared, but is barnstorming the nation. Dropped out 10/5/11
- Thaddeus McCotter-W - Michigan 11th Dist. Congressman, good speaker, favored auto industry bailout, supported card check, (more, more )- Declared, polling weak.- dropped out.
- Tim Pawlenty- W- Good Track record as Gov., recovering global warmer, endorses Ryan plan, but RINO?- . Weak performance at debates and polls. Dropped out 8/14.
- Haley Barbour- Republican Ole Boy icon--dropped out
- Mitch Daniels- Won acclaim as Conservative Governor, but IS he? Vox Day writes- Out
- Mike Huckebee- Religious, but seems RINO-- dropped out
- Allan West- FL Congressman, Black miltary hero, outspoken Conservative, but big govt., defense hawk, much Tea Party support, mulling running- never declared.
- Paul Ryan- won acclaim for budget/fiscal knowledge, efforts, took on Obama, taking heat for his excellent Medicare reform plan, now "mulling over" running again? Too late, unless he's angling for VP. Yup.
- Donald Trump- - Wealthy, high visibility real estate developer, casino owner, TV personality. Flirted with running GOP, left GOP and toying with running independent. Fiscally Conservative, supports Democrat candidates.- Michael Bloomberg- Financial tycoon, NY Mayor, RINO, rumors of Independent run. Challenging Obama eligibility (again).
- Rudy Giuliani- Famed as 911 mayor, cleaned up NY, RINO?
- Jim DeMint- Conservative icon in Senate, strongly supports Conservative candidates, now considering run? No action.
- Lindsay Graham- RINO SC Senator, Judicial Committee, approved Sotomayer, Kagan. Out.
- Scott Walker- Gutsy Conservative WI Governor, fighting union corruption, deficits, not campaigning. Out.
- Chris Christie- Combative NJ Governor, reversed union gains, nominated Hamas supporter judges. Still a possible candidacy. Again refused.
- John Bolton- Strong Conservative, policy hawk, former UN Ambassador, little recent visibily. Unlikely. Out.
- Jeb Bush- was successful FL Gov., Bush stigma, not in.
- Judd Greg (sure has been quiet)- not in.
- Bobby Jindal- successful LA Governor, blew national speaking debut, not natural born
- Alan Keyes- Outspoken Conservative, Pres. candidate, lost Senatorial election vs Obama, doesn't seem to be campaigning. not in.
- Steve King. No.
- Mike Pence- out
- David Petraeus- Military success, well-regarded, just became CIA head- out
- Wayne Allan Root- W- Prominent Libertarian, speaker, writer. Is he actually running? No.
- Marco Rubio- US Senator from FL. Most prominent Latino politician, some RINO tendencies, ineligible- not natural born much controversy over this- MSM and GOP establishment ignoring issue, trying to position him for VP, in direct violation of the law.
- Roy Moore- W- Ex-AL Supreme Court Chief Justice, attorney, West Point Grad, Army Co. Commander- Refused to remove 10 Commandments. No activity noticed. Out.
- Buddy Roemer- W- Harvard MBA, successful businessman, former Democrat LA Governor, Congressman, common sense plan. Little visibility, polling nil. Also running under Americans Elect. Out?
- Virgil Goode- Virgil Goode, Former U.S. Representative of Virginia (Constitution Party). No traction..
- Barack Hussein Obama Soetoro Soebarkah Bounel-W- De facto incumbent. More
- Hillary Clinton-W- Progressive other half of Billary, barely lost 2008 nomination. Some say she'll run if Obama falters, so whattya waiting for, Hil? Day job.
- Randall Terry-W- Pro-Life. More
- Cody Robert Judy-W- Filed 8/11- Questions Obama's eligibility. More
- Leah Lax- W- Filing- Questions Obama's eligibility.
Other Parties (From Wikipedia)
More Third Party/Independent
New Hampshire Primary Candidates: http://www.sos.nh.gov/Candidates.pdf
Candidates' positions, per S. New Hampshire 912 Groups
(I spotted some errors and bias, but it's a start. Stated positions vary from actual candidates' behavior at times.)
Presidential Hopefuls’ Issues Stance
So, we're down to Romney. John Dummett is still running, but the big parties and media will make sure you don't hear much about him. The third party candidates lack money, support and publicity to do much. Cody Robert Judy is the only opposition Democrat running with any visibility at all, but not TV or debates. Instead, he is more in the courts, suing Obama over his ineligibility to run, as are candidates such as Ed Noonan (AIP), Laurie Roth (I). Republicans are eerily silent about that 300 lb. gorilla. even with very strong evidence to back it up. Unfortunately, millions are expected not to vote over their dissatisfaction with Progressive Republican nominee Romney. We caution you about that. PLEASE consider the alternative. Are you willing to put an ineligible incumbent back in office to make your point?
Member input appears below -- and there is plenty!
Members can add information to any forum pages, via comments, if you are a member and if your posting is relevant to the subject of the page and our Tea Party Mission Statement (see "Read Me" section). Please post your ideas, interesting articles, surveys, prognostications below! Follow forum rules in doing so.
A lot of truth in there
Divided GOP Resulted in Obama Victory
As we all know, Barack Obama has been re-elected for a second term. Right about now, Republicans need to ask themselves, “What went wrong?” How could Obama have won? His track record was abysmal. The economy is tanking, unemployment continues to rise, civil government debt has reached a level from which we will probably never be able to recover, foreign relations in the Middle East have only become more treacherous… On almost every issue upon which Obama campaigned, he has proven worse than his predecessor. Yet he has been elected for a second term. Why?
Read more: http://politicaloutcast.com/2012/11/divided-gop-resulted-in-obama-v...
Fwd: comment on your radio commentary this morning
From: Gregg Jackson
Mr. Dutko, heard you say, Romney was a "pretty good candidate" and that the GOP needs to do a better job "selling their message."Not sure I agree that the Founding Father of sodomy "marriage" and $50 tax payer funded abortions, and socialist healthcare, Gov Stericycle, was a "pretty good candidate." But you are correct that the GOP has to do a better job at "selling their message."One place to start may be not ramming liberal pro-sodomy, pro-abortion, pro-socialist healthcare, pro-hom... down our throats. They are not exactly the best spokesman ("salesmen") for pro-life, pro-family, Judeo-Christian values since guys like McCain and Romney have spent their entire careers undermining them.Perhaps next time you won't aid in the white-washing of the far left wing records of guys like Romney so that we actually have a chance at having an authentic pro-life, pro-family, fiscally conservative candidate who can actually win indtead of hand-picked establishment RINOs like Willard.I would also highly recommend reading this article by Alan Keyes published today.
it may feel satisfying to bicker among ourselves as to the strength or weakness of Romney but the reality is the press determined to election's outcome. The press joyfully heaped on Romney while aggressively protecting Obama to the detriment of the truth. The MSM sold out and we will now pay the price.
Not completely true, but half true.
A lot on our side, and I mean REALLY a lot, didn't vote. 14 mm fewer people than in 2008 voted, in total and we already had a big bloc of Christian Conservatives, Evangelicals and just people disgusted with the Republicans and the process who didn't vote then. It was probably even larger this time.
George, your stats are only true if you believe the vote counts as reported. I don't.
Your point is well taken but i have to question those who took their angst out on the GOP by not voting. They were actually voting against America. Their role is nearly as criminal as those who voted for Obama. They let their personal conviction surpass their love of the Country. Nice luxury to have but there are consequences to such actions. Another four years is their reward for standing on principle. The price we all pat, as a result, is the very possible reality that after four more years we will never have a chance to change the trajectory toward European Socialsim.
The victors write history
Obama’s top election strategist tells a Chicago audience he was surprised Mitt Romney’s team did not attack Obama more, stuck so narrowly with their base—and chose Paul Ryan for VP. The Daily Beast’s James Warren reports.
Another reason it was soooo hard to vote for Romney
© 2023 Created by David M Stewart. Powered by