"The penalty for not participating in politics is to be governed by your inferiors." - Plato
The Presidency is the big political prize. With the worst "president" ever as the incumbent, who is already campaigning, you would think he is in deep trouble, but he could actually win, especially if the GOP fumbles-- and they did.
Looks like we have Barack Hussein Obama-Soetoro-Soebarkah-Bounel back and he will be much worse the second time around, full of himself, arrogant, spoiling for revenge, no more elections, "flexibility" for Vladmir, making energy prices "skyrocket," increasing Socialism, deploying Czars, borrowing, spending, QE, taxes,Supreme Court "Justices," especially if the Senate rolls over like last term.
For all practical purposes, we are down to only two viable candidates, AKA Obama and Romney. The battle is on.
Mitt Picks Paul Ryan for VP
Gary Johnson, Libertarian Nominee
Ed Noonan, CA AIP Nominee
A stacked AIP convention ignored the will of the voters and picked Tom Hoefling as its nominee. Why should they be any different from the Republicrats?
- Mitt Romney- W- Bright, highly successful businessman/consultant, Romneycare issue, baggage, flip-flopped on choice, cap/trade, amnesty, now denying "warming," or is he? Opposes SB1070, RINO. Polling well. Choice of GOP hierarchy. Possible eligibility questions. Won NH, 2nd in SC. Won FL big. CA Nominee and national nominee as of 8-28-12- Congrats!
- Gary Johnson- W- Former successful businessman (construction), 2-time former New Mexico Governor, anti-tax, anti-bureaucracy, Libertarian, pro-choice, more, more, more. Barred from debates. Left GOP to run as Libertarian. CA Nominee and national nominee- Congrats!
- Ed Noonan-W- American Independent Party. Constitutional Conservative. Challenges Obama's eligibility. Shares some of Ron Paul's monetary policy views, but more Conservative overall. CA AIP Nominee- Congrats!
- Laurie Roth-W- American Independent Party- Singer, songwriter, talk show hostess (IRN-USA), actively challenges Obama's eligibility, work to make America energy independent, stop drug trade, go to only 2% consumption tax.
- John Dummett- W- CA govt. programmer, doesn't seem to have many qualifications, except common sense and intelligence, which I suppose puts him ahead of the incumbent, whose eligibility he actively challenges, along with the 16th Amendment.
The dates and venues have been announced for the 2012 Presidential debates between President Obama and the eventual GOP nominee. The date for the Vice Presidential debate has also been announced.
Ticketing for the 2012 general election debates is controlled by the Commission on Presidential Debates and tickets will be extremely limited. The majority of tickets are distributed to university students and faculty through a lottery system with the remaining tickets going to friends and families of the campaigns and the media.
|October 3, 2012||Air Time TBD
Location: University of Denver in Denver, Colorado
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
|October 11, 2012
|Air Time TBD
Location: Centre College in Danville, Kentucky
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: Vice President Biden and the GOP Vice Presidential nominee
|October 16, 2012||Air Time TBD
Location: Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
|October 22, 2012||
- Ron Paul- W- Libertarian icon, longtime GOP Congressman, ran for Presidency multiple times, polling better than 2008. Has serious spending cut plans, don't like his national security views. Running about 3rd. Distant 4th in FL. "Suspended" campaign 5/14/12. Placed second in CA primary even after dropping out!
- Newt Gingrich- W- "Balanced" budget in 90's, bright historian, personal scandal, big govt., recovering "warmer," Globalist, denounced Ryan Medicare plan, his entire Iowa staff quit, citing his lack of commitment, declared. Attracting attention in debates. Pundits loved it. Won SC Primary big. Distant 2nd in FL.
- Rick Santorum- W- Ex-PA Senator, real Conservative, supported Spector, hasn't developed much national persona or traction. Very aggressive recently. Questions about his eligibility. Placed third in CA primary even after dropping out!
- Rick Perry-W- Self-described Conservative who is big spender, TTC/NAU fan, hates SB1070, weak on immigration, a Bilderberger speaker. Getting creamed in debates, polls plunged. Dropped out before SC Primary- 1/12
- Jon Huntsman-W- Ex-Ambassador to China under Obama, rich (inherited), Two time Utah Governor, speaks Mandarin, Death Panels, favors "The mandate," Global Warmer, RINO?, Served in Reagan and Bush administrations, nominated Sarah Palin, big spender- Declared. Weak performance. We predict dropout. Yup- 1-16-12,
- Michele Bachmann- W- Real Conservative (with a few lapses), Tea Partier, MN Congresswoman, former IRS tax attorney, media HATES her, good job at NH/IA debates- won Iowa Straw Poll, lost polling points vs Perry, Gingrich, Paul. Formulaic debate statements. Dropped out after poor Iowa performance, where she won a straw poll just a few months ago.
- Herman Cain- W- Successful businessman, Fed Reserve official and promoter, NAU, aced at SC debate, some gaffes, video and more. 9-9-9 plan needs work. Harassment allegations, alleged affair and gaffes ultimately forced him out.
- Sarah Palin- W- VP candidate, outspoken, Conservative, excellent (self)-promoter, some Tea Party support, polarizing, gaffe-prone- hasn't declared, but is barnstorming the nation. Dropped out 10/5/11
- Haley Barbour- Republican Ole Boy icon--dropped out
- Mitch Daniels- Won acclaim as Conservative Governor, but IS he? Vox Day writes- Out
- Mike Huckebee- Religious, but seems RINO-- dropped out
- Allan West- FL Congressman, Black miltary hero, outspoken Conservative, but big govt., defense hawk, much Tea Party support, mulling running- never declared.
- Paul Ryan- won acclaim for budget/fiscal knowledge, efforts, took on Obama, taking heat for his excellent Medicare reform plan, now "mulling over" running again? Too late, unless he's angling for VP. Yup.
- Donald Trump- - Wealthy, high visibility real estate developer, casino owner, TV personality. Flirted with running GOP, left GOP and toying with running independent. Fiscally Conservative, supports Democrat candidates.- Michael Bloomberg- Financial tycoon, NY Mayor, RINO, rumors of Independent run. Challenging Obama eligibility (again).
- Rudy Giuliani- Famed as 911 mayor, cleaned up NY, RINO?
- Jim DeMint- Conservative icon in Senate, strongly supports Conservative candidates, now considering run? No action.
- Lindsay Graham- RINO SC Senator, Judicial Committee, approved Sotomayer, Kagan. Out.
- Scott Walker- Gutsy Conservative WI Governor, fighting union corruption, deficits, not campaigning. Out.
- Chris Christie- Combative NJ Governor, reversed union gains, nominated Hamas supporter judges. Still a possible candidacy. Again refused.
- John Bolton- Strong Conservative, policy hawk, former UN Ambassador, little recent visibily. Unlikely. Out.
- Jeb Bush- was successful FL Gov., Bush stigma, not in.
- Judd Greg (sure has been quiet)- not in.
- Bobby Jindal- successful LA Governor, blew national speaking debut, not natural born
- Alan Keyes- Outspoken Conservative, Pres. candidate, lost Senatorial election vs Obama, doesn't seem to be campaigning. not in.
- Steve King. No.
- Mike Pence- out
- David Petraeus- Military success, well-regarded, just became CIA head- out
- Wayne Allan Root- W- Prominent Libertarian, speaker, writer. Is he actually running? No.
- Marco Rubio- US Senator from FL. Most prominent Latino politician, some RINO tendencies, ineligible- not natural born much controversy over this- MSM and GOP establishment ignoring issue, trying to position him for VP, in direct violation of the law.
- Roy Moore- W- Ex-AL Supreme Court Chief Justice, attorney, West Point Grad, Army Co. Commander- Refused to remove 10 Commandments. No activity noticed. Out.
- Leah Lax- W- Filing- Questions Obama's eligibility.
Other Parties (From Wikipedia)
More Third Party/Independent
New Hampshire Primary Candidates: http://www.sos.nh.gov/Candidates.pdf
Candidates' positions, per S. New Hampshire 912 Groups
(I spotted some errors and bias, but it's a start. Stated positions vary from actual candidates' behavior at times.)
So, we're down to Romney. John Dummett is still running, but the big parties and media will make sure you don't hear much about him. The third party candidates lack money, support and publicity to do much. Cody Robert Judy is the only opposition Democrat running with any visibility at all, but not TV or debates. Instead, he is more in the courts, suing Obama over his ineligibility to run, as are candidates such as Ed Noonan (AIP), Laurie Roth (I). Republicans are eerily silent about that 300 lb. gorilla. even with very strong evidence to back it up. Unfortunately, millions are expected not to vote over their dissatisfaction with Progressive Republican nominee Romney. We caution you about that. PLEASE consider the alternative. Are you willing to put an ineligible incumbent back in office to make your point?
Member input appears below -- and there is plenty!
Members can add information to any forum pages, via comments, if you are a member and if your posting is relevant to the subject of the page and our Tea Party Mission Statement (see "Read Me" section). Please post your ideas, interesting articles, surveys, prognostications below! Follow forum rules in doing so.
GO ahead and say what you want George..
China does not need to own any company that was American.. This is an enemy take over of our country!!!
Lt. General Tom McInerney told Judge Jeanine tonight that the only reason the Obama administration ordered the FBI to investigate the Benghazi attack is to stall it through the election. He says this was an act of war against the United States and if this had been assigned to the military we would have known 2 days later what happened. He adds that we know who they are and where they are and that we should have already attacked those people.
Former USS Cole Commander Kirk Lippold said that the parallels between this case and the attack on the USS Cole are absolutely striking in that the Cole attack was one month before an election and that Clinton delayed just as the Obama administration is delaying all for political purposes. He further states emphatically:
The Obama administration in this thing, just like the Clinton administration, does not care about what the American people think about this incident. They care about power and getting reelected.
By Wayne Allyn Root
As a former Libertarian Presidential contender, the 2008 Libertarian Vice Presidential nominee, the former Chairman of the Libertarian National Campaign Committee, and the man called “Mr. Libertarian” by media across this country, you might be surprised to find I’m supporting Republican Mitt Romney for President. Yes, this Las Vegan has gone “all in” for Mitt. Mitt Romney is the only sane choice for Libertarians.
It’s simple. Libertarians believe in less government; lower taxes; cutting rules, regulations and mandates to get government out of the way of small business; reigning in out-of-control government agencies like the EPA; auditing the Fed; and balancing the budget. Sound familiar?
So do Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan. Certainly a little less than Libertarians, including me, would like. But, I’ll take incremental progress over no progress. Mitt Romney is a step in the right direction.
Barack Obama is a thousand miles in the wrong direction- a direction that leads to the bankruptcy of our children and grandchildren and the destruction of the American Dream. A vote for anyone but Romney is a vote for Obama and his disastrous road that leads to the end of America (as we know it).
The Obama you’ve seen for the last four years is nothing like the radical Obama that will be unleashed for the next four. The first Obama term was just a small taste of things to come. Without having to answer to voters again, Obama will be his REAL radical self. Without restraint, Obama will ignore Congress, and govern by Executive Order. These radical Executive Orders from “Obama unleashed” will change America forever.
Don’t believe me? Are you aware Obama issued almost 1000 executive orders in his first term? That’s more than all other Presidents in history combined (and still counting). In a second term Obama will render Congress meaningless.
In 8 years Bush added $3 trillion in debt and created 20,000 new government rules and regulations. Disgraceful. In protest, I left the GOP in 2007. Then along came Obama. He has added $5 trillion in debt and 60,000 new rules and regulations…in only 3 ½ years. Unimaginable.
In a second term, with no voters to answer to, Obama will be free to wreck the American economy just as he was taught by a slew of radical, Marxist, American hating mentors- Barack Obama Sr., Frank Marshall, Saul Alinsky, Professors Cloward & Piven, Bill Ayers, and Reverend Jeremiah Wright. These aren’t liberals. They are publicly avowed radicals and communists.
In Obama’s second term he will unleash economic Armageddon- the total collapse of the U.S. economy and our financial system. Today the real unemployment is in the 15% range. By 2016, we will look back with envy at “the good old days.” You think $5 trillion in new debt is bad? Wait until Obamacare kicks in, adding trillions in new taxes and spending that will double the national debt.
Europe has been following Obama’s plan for decades — big government, big unions, big spending, big taxes, big pensions, big entitlements, free healthcare, too many government employees, out-of-control pensions, and unlimited spending on green energy. The result? Economic disaster on a grand scale. Greece, Italy, and Spain are enduring a tragedy few can comprehend. France is next. Someday we will read about this in history books.
America, under Obama, is following the exact same path.
Hopefully I’ve got your attention.
This election is NOT about Libertarian versus non-Libertarian. This election is about capitalism versus Big Brother socialism. Mitt Romney is far from perfect, but at least he believes in capitalism. At least he won’t denigrate and discourage business owners. Be thankful for little things.
I’m not just a Libertarian. First and foremost, I’m a Capitalist Evangelist. I’m proud to be a small businessman. Economic issues are the whole ballgame at this point. We need to get our fiscal house in order first. Without an economy, without jobs, it’s impossible to deal with all our other problems. Mitt understands, as President Calvin Coolidge once said, “The business of America is business.” That’s why electing Mitt Romney is so important.
This election is our LAST STAND to save America. Mitt understands that Obama’s rhetoric, constant threats against business, union favoritism, IRS intimidation, 60,000 new rules and regulations, stimulus to nowhere, never-ending unemployment and food stamps, the added taxes and regulations of Obamacare, and the attempt to ban oil drilling and regulate the coal industry out of existence, have collectively ground the U.S. economy to a halt. We will not survive four more years of Obama as CEO of this economy.
The U.S. economy is a large, diverse, failing company in desperate need of a turnaround. At this moment in history America needs a CEO with a track record of extraordinary success, job creation, and specifically- experience turning around failing companies. That person is Mitt Romney.
As Clint Eastwood said, “We own this nation.” It’s time to take it back. The future of America and our children depends on it. Their quality of life is hanging in the balance. Our back is to the wall. Obama’s defeat is that important to our economy, our freedoms, our children’s future, and ultimately, the very survival of our country.
It’s time for a coalition of Republicans, conservatives, Tea Party activists, Libertarians, Ron Paul supporters, small business owners, financial first responders (investors and business owners willing to risk our financial lives to create jobs), patriots, and common sense middle-class Americans to join together and support Mitt Romney now.
That is why I’m voting for Mitt Romney. That is why I urge all Libertarians, and Ron Paul supporters, to swallow hard, put our differences aside, and support Mitt Romney.
Vote as if your life…your business…your children’s future depends on it. Because it does.
Wayne Allyn Root is a Capitalist Evangelist, entrepreneur, and Tea Party Libertarian Republican. He is a former Libertarian vice presidential nominee. He is the best-selling author of “The Conscience of a Libertarian: Empowering the Citizen Revolution with God, Guns, Gold & Tax Cuts.” His web site: www.ROOTforAmerica.com
Get yourself ready, Romney isn't going to save us from what is coming with his programs.....
get mentally prepared and get physically prepared for the coming collapse..
Many of us agree about the crash. The best Romney might do is mitigate it a bit. But, we don't agree that Romney=Obama. That simply is not true. Romney doesn't hate our country, doesn't hate free enterprise, doesn't hate petro/carbon energy development, so we'll take him over Obama for now and work for a REAL Conservative or Libertarian in the future.
Romney Concedes Defeat
The Republican delivers the final speech of his presidential campaign, conceding the hard-fought race to President Barack Obama.
The Tea Party Got It Right, Mitt Got It Wrong
In this election the Republican Party ran two wholly inoffensive blue state Republicans on a platform of jobs at a time when the economy was everyone’s chief concern and the incumbent had absolutely failed to fix the economy. And they lost.
The Monday — or Wednesday — morning quarterbacks will have a fine time debating what Mitt Romney should have done differently. The red Republicans will say that he should have been more aggressive and should have hit Obama on Benghazi. The blue Republicans will blame a lack of outreach to Latinos. Some will blame Sandy, others will blame Christie and many will point to voter fraud. And they will all have a point, but the makings of this defeat did not happen in the last two weeks; they happened in the last two years.
Mitt Romney won the primaries because he was electable. But, as it turned out, he really wasn’t electable after all. Not when the chief criteria of electability is having no opinion, no point of view and no reason to run for office except to win. Not when the chief criteria of being a Republican presidential nominee is being able to convince people that you’re hardly a Republican at all.
Romney was a star political athlete who had an excellent training regimen and coaching staff. But to win elections, you have to change people’s minds. It’s not enough to try hard or to fight hard; you have to fight for something besides the chance to round the bases. You have to wake people up to a cause.
The Republican comeback did not begin with innocuous candidates; it began with angry protesters in costumes and Gadsden flags marching outside ObamaCare town halls. The 2010 midterm election triumphs were not the work of a timorous establishment, but of a vigorous grassroots opposition. And once the Tea Party movement started the fire, the Republican establishment acted like the Tea Party had sabotaged their comeback and cut the ties with their own grassroots movement. Separated, the Republican grassroots and the Republican Party both withered on the vine.
The stunning 2010 midterm election victories happened because a conservative opposition loudly and vociferously convinced a majority of Americans that ObamaCare would be harmful to them. And then that fantastic engine of change was packed away and replaced with political consultants who were all focused on seizing the center and offending as few people as possible. But you don’t win political battles by being inoffensive. And you don’t win elections by avoiding conflict.
Is it any wonder that the 2012 election played out the way it did?
The Democrats in the Bush years were about as unlikable a party as could ever be conceived of. They were hostile, hateful and obstructionist. They spewed conspiracy theories at the drop of a hat and behaved in a way that would have convinced any reasonable person not to entrust them with a lawnmower, let alone political power. And not only were they rewarded for that by winning Congress, but they also went on to win the White House.
Why? Because dissatisfied people gravitate to an opposition. They don’t gravitate to a loyal opposition. They aren’t inspired by mild-mannered rhetoric, but by those who appear to channel their anger.
When the Republican Party sold out the Tea Party, it sold out its soul, and the only driving energy that it had. And there was nothing to replace it with. The Republican Party stopped being the opposition and became a position that it was willing to reposition to get closer to the center. Mitt Romney embodied that willingness to say anything to win and it is exactly that willingness to say anything to win that the public distrusts.
The elevation of Mitt Romney was the triumph of inoffensiveness. Romney ran an aggressive campaign, but it was a mechanical exercise, a smooth assault by trained professionals paid to spin talking points in dangerous directions. But, what if the voters really wanted a certain amount of offensiveness?
What if they wanted someone who mirrored their anger at being out of work, at having to look at stacks of unpaid bills and at not knowing where their next paycheck was coming from? What if they wanted someone whose anger and distrust of the government echoed their own?
Romney very successfully made the case that he would be a more credible steward of the economy. It was enough to turn out a sizable portion of the electorate, but not enough of it. He tried to be Reagan confronting Carter, but what was remarkable about Reagan, is that he had moments of anger and passion; electric flashes of feeling that stirred his audience and made them believe that he understood their frustrations. That was the source of Reagan’s moral authority and it was entirely lacking in Romney. And without that anger, there is no compelling reason to vote for an opposition party.
The establishment had its chance with Mitt Romney. The former Massachusetts governor was everything that they could possibly want. Moderate, bipartisan and fairly liberal. With his business background, he could make a perfect case for being able to turn the economy around. They had their perfect candidate and their perfect storm and they blew it.
The Republican Party is not going to win elections by being inoffensive. It is not going to win elections by going so far to the center that it no longer stands for anything. It is not going to win elections by throwing away all the reasons that people might have to vote for it. It is not going to win elections by constantly trying to accommodate what it thinks independent voters want, instead of cultivating and growing its base, and using them as the nucleus for an opposition that will change the minds of those independent voters.
The Republican Party has tried playing Mr. Nice Guy. It may be time to get back to being an opposition movement. And the way to do that is by relearning the lessons of the Tea Party movement. The Democratic Party began winning when it embraced the left, instead of running away from it. If the Republican Party wants to win, then it has to embrace the right and learn to get angry again.
By Daniel Greenfield
Yes, Mitt refused to take on the tough issues with :Obama," refused to close the deal, refused to call him out for his many impeachable crimes, document fraud, even ineligibility for office. As all you who read this site regularly know, I was not in favor of Mitt as nominee, but he is far, far better than Obama, in character, ability/competence, allegiance to the U.S. and political views.
Here's what America voted for:
In summary, "Obama":
- Is unqualified, arrogant, incompetent, anti-Constitution, anti-life, anti-(real) marriage anti-free enterprise, anti-energy, anti-Christian, anti-American
- Has toxic beliefs, toxic associates, toxic policies
- Has a terrible record, poor performance on economy, security, social issues
- Has committed numerous impeachable offenses
- Is not even eligible to hold the office
Impeachable Offenses (partial listing- tell us more!)
- Illegal Libyan war
- Possible illegal wars in Mali, Somalia, Yemen, Pakistan and elsewhere
- Illegal firing of Inspector-General Walpole
- Failure to Enforce immigration law
- Failure to enforce DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act)
- Ignoring two orders to resume Gulf oil drilling permits
- Ignoring multiple orders to stay Obamacare implementation
- Violating 1st Amendment freedom of religion in implementing Obamacare
- Failing to enforce election laws
- Multiple illegal EPA orders on CO2, enforcement of made-up regulations not backed by Congress
- Illegally overturning Black Panther voter intimidation conviction
- Possibly bribery to buy Obamacare passage votes
- Fast and Furious gunwalking scandal
- Ceding rights over control of our economy to IMF, via “Special Drawing rights”
- Possible complicity in over $16 trillion in illegal commitments by Federal Reserve, involving U.S. obligations
- Felony Document/Identity Fraud
- Circumventing Congressional oversight via unprecedented scope of “Czars” and illegal recess appointments
- Illegal arrest, torture, killing of American citizens, without warrants, charges, habea corpus, trials and other due process
- Multiple illegal “Executive Orders” and “signing statements”
- BenghaziGate treason and cover-up
- Interfering in Kenyan politics, in violation of the Logan Act
"We should never despair, our situation before has been unpromising and has changed for the better, so I trust, it will again. If new difficulties arise, we must only put forth new exertions and proportion our efforts to the exigency of the times." --George Washington, letter to Philip Schuyler, 1777
A little after midnight on election night, I received a call from a close friend who needed someone to talk to and knew I’d be awake.
I could hear his voice shaking as he asked me to make sense of the results we were both watching come in from the polls.
Even as radical as President Obama was during his first term, American voters still rewarded him with four more years.
I certainly understand what he was feeling.
During that moment, I remember struggling to find the right words to say.
“Taking on incumbents isn’t easy,” I said.
“It’s hard to compete with Obama phones.”
Of course, all of that is true.
But I remember my words ringing hollow at that moment and perhaps they do now, as well.
Much is going to be written in the next several days about “what went wrong.”
And I suspect, ultimately, more focus will rightly be put on the Republican Presidential candidate’s shortcomings and shifting principles -- including on our gun rights.
The truth is, to defeat any incumbent, every “i” must be dotted and every “t” crossed.
Candidates who aren’t able to show a clear contrast often have a tougher time.
Based on the state our country is in right now with President Obama in office, I know many folks wanted to look past those facts.
I don’t blame them.
But at the end of the day, I know they would have much preferred a candidate they could be more excited about.
Unfortunately, because the top of the ticket failed to generate enough enthusiasm among grassroots gun rights activists, pro-gun candidates across the country suffered.
However, there was some good news in a few Congressional races.
Thomas Massie (KY), Steve Daines (MT), Steve Stockman (TX) and Steve King (IA) all responded to NAGR's Candidate Survey 100% pro-gun and all defeated anti-gun challengers.
Of course, now President Obama and his anti-gun pals are claiming a mandate.
The truth is, he has anything but.
Despite a flawed opposition, President Obama still received only a little over 50% of the vote.
But that doesn’t mean gun-grabbers won’t rush to cash in with anti-gun schemes like:
*** The United Nations Gun Ban. I had hoped November 6 would be the death-knell for this outrageous anti-gun scheme. But instead, these next several months will be critical to defeating its onslaught;
*** A new “Assault Weapons” Ban. President Obama came out in support of a ban during the presidential debates, and this will likely be a top item on his agenda in his new term;
*** Mandatory “psychological screening” to be able to carry a concealed weapon or even buy a firearm. After the Colorado shooting earlier this year, anti-gun activists believe they have a ready-made excuse and politicians will fall in line for their new schemes.Of course, this won’t be all.
The good news is, thanks to the generous support of good folks like you, the National Association for Gun Rights has already proven it can stand toe-to-toe with President Obama and his anti-gun pals and WIN.
This isn’t the first time we’ve had our backs against the wall after all.
After the 2008 elections, with control of the White House, the U.S. House and nearly a filibuster-proof Senate, gun-grabbers and their allies in Congress believed they could ram virtually any bill they could dream up into law.
Unlike many who were urging “compromise,” we didn’t go to President Obama with our tail between our legs begging for him to go easy on us.
We mobilized millions of Americans from all over the country to send a loud-and-clear message to EVERY politician -- lay off our gun rights or pay the price at the polls.
Despite their best efforts, the gun-grabbers couldn’t overcome our grassroots strength.
Against all odds, you and I beat back the U.N.’s dangerous “Small Arms Treaty,” a new “Assault Weapons Ban” -- not to mention ammo and magazine bans that reared their ugly heads after the recent tragedy in Colorado.
Today, the National Association for Gun Rights is the fastest-growing pro-gun organization in America.
Our take-no-prisoners style is turning heads in Washington, D.C., paving the way for even more victories in the future.
But Arnie, to say nothing of the lame duck session of Congress, you and I are about to enter an absolutely crucial period.
The gun-grabbers are not going to wait around to try and ram new anti-gun schemes into law.
So in the coming weeks and months, I’m going to be counting on your support like never before.
Mentally, I know this is hard.
For the past four years, gun rights activists have stood with NAGR as we’ve beat back the worst of the gun-grabbers’ schemes.
Virtually everyone I talked to wanted this nightmare to be over.
They wanted to rest easy for a change.
They wanted November 6 to bring everything to an end.
That didn’t happen.
One thing I have learned over the years is that letting pressure off politicians -- of either party -- even for a second, means you could lose everything.
So our job is to remain vigilant.
Our job is to remain 100% committed to the protection and expansion of our gun rights.
Our job is to make sure we never let our guard down for ONE SECOND to give the gun-grabbers an opening for new schemes.
In the coming weeks and months, I’m going to be counting on your help like never before to help me send a message . . .
There is NO Obama anti-gun mandate from the American people.
And politicians who try to undermine our gun rights will pay the price with their political careers.
Executive Vice President
P.S. Gun-grabbers are already claiming an anti-gun mandate for President Obama.
It’s up to you and me to show them they’re dead wrong.
Please chip in $10 or $20 to help the National Association for Gun Rights fight to protect our gun rights right away!
Mitt Romney made his mistakes. John McMush made his mistakes. The Repuklican party made its mistakes. All intentional of course. Don't rile the body politic. Predigest the pabulum...make sure to leave no taste. Turn it into an issue of quantitative adjustment, not qualitative overhaul. And afterwards, everyone smile, be happy, and C03xis+. We all belong to our benevolent master, the government.
But it is the people who made the biggest mistake. They made it today. They made it yesterday. They made it over the span of the Republic to date. They made it, as all people do, because they are people and cannot be bothered to think about anything deeper than silky salon hair and pointy shoes. Always been that way, always will be that way.
But this of course is much much bigger than your average blip on the radar of humanity, because THESE people were given a priceless gift, paid for in blood, consequence in part of some of the most striking, fortuitous, and fruitful conditions ever bestowed by the Creator in one world's life, resulting in the birth of the most free, most fruitful, most moral, most God-loving country the earth has ever seen. And they pissed it away for a cell phone. Very human. Very understandable. Very sickening. Yet that is the story of the Children of Israel, forever fragmented, forever wandering, forever fishing for minnows while standing on the head of a whale, and then consumed by that whale.
When will it happen again? Who knows? But we all know that the conditions that obtain in today's world and in today's America are not conducive to free thought and moral action. They are conducive to the rodents and sewage we see on the political stage and in the paper every day. This is the long night of the whore, which Americans have steadily invited into their homes over the decades and now have finally made a permanent place for amongst themselves. And they are no longer Americans because of it.
But God knows. God sees, and God waits. But I don't think for too much longer. The financial Tsar Bomba is just about to detonate and the caliphate is preparing to receive its 12th imam. The story is unfolding before our eyes. Just be patient. There will be a day, and I believe soon. Put your faith in the Lord. And to whatever be God's will, I say Amen. Come in all glory.