"The penalty for not participating in politics is to be governed by your inferiors." - Plato
The Presidency is the big political prize. With the worst "president" ever as the incumbent, who is already campaigning, you would think he is in deep trouble, but he could actually win, especially if the GOP fumbles-- and they did.
Looks like we have Barack Hussein Obama-Soetoro-Soebarkah-Bounel back and he will be much worse the second time around, full of himself, arrogant, spoiling for revenge, no more elections, "flexibility" for Vladmir, making energy prices "skyrocket," increasing Socialism, deploying Czars, borrowing, spending, QE, taxes,Supreme Court "Justices," especially if the Senate rolls over like last term.
For all practical purposes, we are down to only two viable candidates, AKA Obama and Romney. The battle is on.
Mitt Picks Paul Ryan for VP
Gary Johnson, Libertarian Nominee
Ed Noonan, CA AIP Nominee
A stacked AIP convention ignored the will of the voters and picked Tom Hoefling as its nominee. Why should they be any different from the Republicrats?
- Mitt Romney- W- Bright, highly successful businessman/consultant, Romneycare issue, baggage, flip-flopped on choice, cap/trade, amnesty, now denying "warming," or is he? Opposes SB1070, RINO. Polling well. Choice of GOP hierarchy. Possible eligibility questions. Won NH, 2nd in SC. Won FL big. CA Nominee and national nominee as of 8-28-12- Congrats!
- Gary Johnson- W- Former successful businessman (construction), 2-time former New Mexico Governor, anti-tax, anti-bureaucracy, Libertarian, pro-choice, more, more, more. Barred from debates. Left GOP to run as Libertarian. CA Nominee and national nominee- Congrats!
- Ed Noonan-W- American Independent Party. Constitutional Conservative. Challenges Obama's eligibility. Shares some of Ron Paul's monetary policy views, but more Conservative overall. CA AIP Nominee- Congrats!
- Laurie Roth-W- American Independent Party- Singer, songwriter, talk show hostess (IRN-USA), actively challenges Obama's eligibility, work to make America energy independent, stop drug trade, go to only 2% consumption tax.
- John Dummett- W- CA govt. programmer, doesn't seem to have many qualifications, except common sense and intelligence, which I suppose puts him ahead of the incumbent, whose eligibility he actively challenges, along with the 16th Amendment.
The dates and venues have been announced for the 2012 Presidential debates between President Obama and the eventual GOP nominee. The date for the Vice Presidential debate has also been announced.
Ticketing for the 2012 general election debates is controlled by the Commission on Presidential Debates and tickets will be extremely limited. The majority of tickets are distributed to university students and faculty through a lottery system with the remaining tickets going to friends and families of the campaigns and the media.
|October 3, 2012||Air Time TBD
Location: University of Denver in Denver, Colorado
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
|October 11, 2012
|Air Time TBD
Location: Centre College in Danville, Kentucky
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: Vice President Biden and the GOP Vice Presidential nominee
|October 16, 2012||Air Time TBD
Location: Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney
|October 22, 2012||
- Ron Paul- W- Libertarian icon, longtime GOP Congressman, ran for Presidency multiple times, polling better than 2008. Has serious spending cut plans, don't like his national security views. Running about 3rd. Distant 4th in FL. "Suspended" campaign 5/14/12. Placed second in CA primary even after dropping out!
- Newt Gingrich- W- "Balanced" budget in 90's, bright historian, personal scandal, big govt., recovering "warmer," Globalist, denounced Ryan Medicare plan, his entire Iowa staff quit, citing his lack of commitment, declared. Attracting attention in debates. Pundits loved it. Won SC Primary big. Distant 2nd in FL.
- Rick Santorum- W- Ex-PA Senator, real Conservative, supported Spector, hasn't developed much national persona or traction. Very aggressive recently. Questions about his eligibility. Placed third in CA primary even after dropping out!
- Rick Perry-W- Self-described Conservative who is big spender, TTC/NAU fan, hates SB1070, weak on immigration, a Bilderberger speaker. Getting creamed in debates, polls plunged. Dropped out before SC Primary- 1/12
- Jon Huntsman-W- Ex-Ambassador to China under Obama, rich (inherited), Two time Utah Governor, speaks Mandarin, Death Panels, favors "The mandate," Global Warmer, RINO?, Served in Reagan and Bush administrations, nominated Sarah Palin, big spender- Declared. Weak performance. We predict dropout. Yup- 1-16-12,
- Michele Bachmann- W- Real Conservative (with a few lapses), Tea Partier, MN Congresswoman, former IRS tax attorney, media HATES her, good job at NH/IA debates- won Iowa Straw Poll, lost polling points vs Perry, Gingrich, Paul. Formulaic debate statements. Dropped out after poor Iowa performance, where she won a straw poll just a few months ago.
- Herman Cain- W- Successful businessman, Fed Reserve official and promoter, NAU, aced at SC debate, some gaffes, video and more. 9-9-9 plan needs work. Harassment allegations, alleged affair and gaffes ultimately forced him out.
- Sarah Palin- W- VP candidate, outspoken, Conservative, excellent (self)-promoter, some Tea Party support, polarizing, gaffe-prone- hasn't declared, but is barnstorming the nation. Dropped out 10/5/11
- Haley Barbour- Republican Ole Boy icon--dropped out
- Mitch Daniels- Won acclaim as Conservative Governor, but IS he? Vox Day writes- Out
- Mike Huckebee- Religious, but seems RINO-- dropped out
- Allan West- FL Congressman, Black miltary hero, outspoken Conservative, but big govt., defense hawk, much Tea Party support, mulling running- never declared.
- Paul Ryan- won acclaim for budget/fiscal knowledge, efforts, took on Obama, taking heat for his excellent Medicare reform plan, now "mulling over" running again? Too late, unless he's angling for VP. Yup.
- Donald Trump- - Wealthy, high visibility real estate developer, casino owner, TV personality. Flirted with running GOP, left GOP and toying with running independent. Fiscally Conservative, supports Democrat candidates.- Michael Bloomberg- Financial tycoon, NY Mayor, RINO, rumors of Independent run. Challenging Obama eligibility (again).
- Rudy Giuliani- Famed as 911 mayor, cleaned up NY, RINO?
- Jim DeMint- Conservative icon in Senate, strongly supports Conservative candidates, now considering run? No action.
- Lindsay Graham- RINO SC Senator, Judicial Committee, approved Sotomayer, Kagan. Out.
- Scott Walker- Gutsy Conservative WI Governor, fighting union corruption, deficits, not campaigning. Out.
- Chris Christie- Combative NJ Governor, reversed union gains, nominated Hamas supporter judges. Still a possible candidacy. Again refused.
- John Bolton- Strong Conservative, policy hawk, former UN Ambassador, little recent visibily. Unlikely. Out.
- Jeb Bush- was successful FL Gov., Bush stigma, not in.
- Judd Greg (sure has been quiet)- not in.
- Bobby Jindal- successful LA Governor, blew national speaking debut, not natural born
- Alan Keyes- Outspoken Conservative, Pres. candidate, lost Senatorial election vs Obama, doesn't seem to be campaigning. not in.
- Steve King. No.
- Mike Pence- out
- David Petraeus- Military success, well-regarded, just became CIA head- out
- Wayne Allan Root- W- Prominent Libertarian, speaker, writer. Is he actually running? No.
- Marco Rubio- US Senator from FL. Most prominent Latino politician, some RINO tendencies, ineligible- not natural born much controversy over this- MSM and GOP establishment ignoring issue, trying to position him for VP, in direct violation of the law.
- Roy Moore- W- Ex-AL Supreme Court Chief Justice, attorney, West Point Grad, Army Co. Commander- Refused to remove 10 Commandments. No activity noticed. Out.
- Leah Lax- W- Filing- Questions Obama's eligibility.
Other Parties (From Wikipedia)
More Third Party/Independent
New Hampshire Primary Candidates: http://www.sos.nh.gov/Candidates.pdf
Candidates' positions, per S. New Hampshire 912 Groups
(I spotted some errors and bias, but it's a start. Stated positions vary from actual candidates' behavior at times.)
So, we're down to Romney. John Dummett is still running, but the big parties and media will make sure you don't hear much about him. The third party candidates lack money, support and publicity to do much. Cody Robert Judy is the only opposition Democrat running with any visibility at all, but not TV or debates. Instead, he is more in the courts, suing Obama over his ineligibility to run, as are candidates such as Ed Noonan (AIP), Laurie Roth (I). Republicans are eerily silent about that 300 lb. gorilla. even with very strong evidence to back it up. Unfortunately, millions are expected not to vote over their dissatisfaction with Progressive Republican nominee Romney. We caution you about that. PLEASE consider the alternative. Are you willing to put an ineligible incumbent back in office to make your point?
Member input appears below -- and there is plenty!
Members can add information to any forum pages, via comments, if you are a member and if your posting is relevant to the subject of the page and our Tea Party Mission Statement (see "Read Me" section). Please post your ideas, interesting articles, surveys, prognostications below! Follow forum rules in doing so.
Michael Reagan says:
Michael Reagan says the former House speaker “will help continue my father’s legacy.”
Gingrich is “a man who fought in Congress for my father’s programs, a man who believes that President Obama’s vision for America is a dangerous one and must be stopped and reversed.”
Recounting Gingrich’s amazing career, Reagan says that, after he was first elected to Congress in 1978, he “began to confront the usual politics and became a leading ally of my father, Ronald Reagan. He helped Congress push through massive tax cuts. He worked to secure a military buildup that helped defeat the Soviet Union. Under his leadership, Congress also limited the welfare state. As a leader in the Reagan revolution, Gingrich began to confront both Republicans and Democrats in Congress for their cozy insider deals.”
Michael Reagan also reminds viewers that House Speaker Newt Gingrich was the key conservative figure behind the Contract with America, which helped the GOP gain control of Congress in 1994 and led to the first balanced budget in decades.
And since leaving Congress, Reagan adds, Gingrich “has remained at the forefront of an American political scene” and “helped keep my father’s legacy alive.”
I think you are right.
Let's try to keep the Presidential discussion a discussion and keep the cartoons in the photos section, unless they are directly relevant to the discussion.
Little more than 24 hours have passed since Newt Gingrich convincingly won South Carolina. The RINO establishment has been going nuts since then. The RINO establishment would rather see four more years of Obama than they would see conservatives take control of the party again.
Newt understands something none of these RINOs do not. He understands what real Americans understand.
The people say things like, “Government is not the solution, it is the problem.” “The problem with Washington is it takes too much, does too much, rules too much.” “Washington spends too much money.” “We are Taxed Enough Already.”
RINOs gave us John McCain and the big spending Republican congresses that all but killed the Republican Party. It was the real Americans who make up the TEA Party that brought the Republican Party back from the edge of extinction.
News for the RINOs: The TEA Party saved the party you almost destroyed. You can sit down and get out of the way
This is the year of the libertarian/conservative, not the RINO.
Why do Republicans keep letting liberals manage their debates?
Did anyone waste their time watching NBC’s debate last night? It was boring and biased. NBC seemed to be determined to do everything possible to make what had been previously exciting events as absolutely dull and uninteresting as possible and to make Mitt Romney look better than Newt Gingrich. The moderators started with Romney. They finished with Romney and although there was no running tally during the debate, it seemed like Romney got more favorable questions than anyone else. The loss of the audience is the biggest thing that helped Mitt Romney and hurt Newt Gingrich. Nothing is done by accident and given how in the tank the drive-by media is for Romney this had to be a deliberate choice.
I missed this debate- getting ready for our Atlanta, GA event on Thursday. Anyone have any comments on debate, or did you all sleep through it, too?
INES OF THE DAY
Yes, that is sooooo aggravating-- and dangerous.
Newt was on F&F this morning stating he should have "protested with Brian Williams"
because NBC took the audience out of the debate. "The media are afraid"=sure Newt.
His grandkids did tell gradndpa not to let anyone "bully him"=a 12 year old?
Newt claims Romney needs a minimal amount of honesty. How wrong could we be?
Santorum clearly won.
(May I copy this?)
Allen West says Newt best suited to communicate conservatism to the black community
If, like me, you missed Allen West on Greta last night because of the debate, then you should enjoy this even more because it was better than the whole debate. Allen West, in discussing what the Republican Party needs to do to get black voters into the Republican party, was asked which presidential candidate has the conservative principles to help turn the tide of high unemployment in the black community, and he was quick to point out that despite those on the left accusing Newt of race-baiting, he believes that Newt is the one who is diagnosing the problem well and is trying to open a dialogue with the black community by offering to speak before the NAACP.
But what I really liked about this clip was that when asked to define race-baiting, he singled out Al Sharpton and Rep. Clyburn for using race to attack Newt when it absolutely wasn’t true. And when asked about the Catholic leaders sending an open letter to both Newt and Santorum telling them to stop using race to get votes, West said that he would question whether their principles are founded on Christianity or on liberalism.
Wow! This is why I love Allen West!
I don’t normally follow Jack Cafferty at CNN because I don’t find him to always be a credible talking head, but this short clip is actually pretty good. He tells you what Obama won’t say tonight as he gives his SOTU address:
Herman Cain's Response to SOTU