This is a collection point for reasons to oust AKA "Obama."'
In summary, he:
- Is unqualified, arrogant, incompetent, anti-Constitution, anti-life, anti-(real) marriage anti-free enterprise, anti-energy, anti-Christian, anti-American
- Has toxic beliefs, toxic associates, toxic policies
- Has a terrible record, poor performance on economy, security, social issues
- Has committed numerous impeachable offenses
- Is not even eligible to hold the office
Impeachable Offenses (partial listing- tell us more!)
- Blatantly ignoring immigration law, failing to enforce it, then attempting to unilaterally change it.
- Illegal Libyan war
- Possible illegal wars in Mali, Somalia, Yemen, Pakistan and elsewhere
- Illegal firing of Inspector-General Walpole
- Releasing prisoners from Guantanamo in direct violation of U.S. statute.
- Failing to deport thousands of felonious illegal immigrants, covering it up, persecuting whistleblowers, lying about it.
- Illegally denying equal tax treatment to Conservative political organizations, lying about it and covering up facts, failing to prosecute perpetrators.
- Failure to enforce DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act)
- Ignoring two court orders to resume Gulf oil drilling permits
- Unreasonably sequestering offshore and federal lands energy development
- Unreasonably inhibiting coal industry and coal-fired power plants
- Ignoring multiple orders to stay Obamacare implementation
- Violating 1st Amendment freedom of religion in implementing Obamacare
- Failing to enforce election laws
- Illegal loan to Petro Brasilia on terms unfavorable to USA
- Multiple illegal EPA orders on CO2, enforcement of made-up regulations not backed by Congress
- Illegally overturning Black Panther voter intimidation conviction via DOJ
- Possible bribery to buy Obamacare passage votes
- Fast and Furious gunwalking scandal
- Overturning centuries of commercial law during auto industry takeover
- Ceding rights over control of our economy to IMF, via “Special Drawing rights”
- Possible complicity in over $16 trillion in illegal commitments by Federal Reserve, involving U.S. obligations
- Felony Document/Identity Fraud
- Circumventing Congressional oversight via unprecedented scope of “Czars” and illegal recess appointments
- Illegal arrest, torture, killing of American citizens, without warrants, charges, habeas corpus, trials and other due process
- Illegally held a foreign office as UN Security Council acting head
- Illegal and/or imprudent financing to Lightsquared, electric car companies and solar companies, such as Solyndra.
- Multiple illegal “Executive Orders” and “signing statements”
- BenghaziGate treason, failure to protect American lives and cover-up
- Misappropriating $hundreds of billions in TARP money via Neel Kashkari
- Interfering in Kenyan politics, in violation of the Logan Act
- Collecting data on fellow Americans who oppose healthcare reform with email@example.com and now, through a new Obama campaign website, again collecting data on fellow Americans who disagree with the Administration
- Placing the U.S. Census Bureau under the supervision of the White House Chief of Staff, by law the Department of Commerce.
- His Justice Department’s smuggling of weapons, that the President signed off on funding for.
- Manipulating employment statistics by hiring and rehiring Census workers.
- Creating false districts and assigning stimulus funds to those districts.
- Violating tax codes by releasing private tax details to the public when attacking Koch Industries.
- Creating a taxpayer-funded position, Director of Progressive Media & Online Response, to promote Obama’s incumbent candidacy, in violation of the Hatch Act.
- Obama’s filming of a campaign ad in the White House in violation of FEC laws.
- Illegal harassment, delay of non-profit status to Tea Parties and other Conservative organizations
- Illegal electronic spying on Americans
- Illegal surveillance/wiretapping of AP Reporters
- Illegal "Executive Orders" and agency actions violating the Second Amendment.
- Failing make IRS enforce action on illegal use of Social Security numbers for fraudulent employment of illegal aliens.
- illegally releasing terrorists from Guantanomo while negotiating with Afghan terrorists for the release of deserter Berdahl.
- The U.S. Treasury made unauthorized payments to health insurers related to the Affordable Care Act without congressional approval.
Articles of Impeachment against Obama
Written by Michael Connelly, Constitutional Attorney Resolution Impeaching Barack Hussein Obama, President of the United States, for high crimes and misdemeanors.
The 64 Impeachable Offenses of "Barack Hussein Obama"
Please help us develop this section, via commenting below .....
Note to readers/posters: Reader comments are in chronological, indented sequence, with the newest ones on the higher-numbered pages below. You must be registered on this site to post. You may have to scroll/page down to get to where you want to be.
The Complete List of Barack Obama’s Scandals, Misdeeds, Crimes and Blunders
Read more at http://investmentwatchblog.com/the-complete-list-of-barack-obamas-s...
Hi Charles. You're sending us blank responses.
In addition to all the impeachable offenses, there has been a long, ongoing battle(s) about "Obama's" legal right to even be in office. Although court rulings have gone against it, there does seem to be some legal basis for the dispute.
Sibley Releases First Volley in Last Legal Battle Over Obama's Eligibility
The McInnish/Goode v Chapman and Voeltz v Obama cases continue, along with some others.
Visit ConstitutionalReset.com at:
Congressional Achievement award: Obama’s 105
Complete List of 105 of Barack Obama’s
Scandals, Misdeeds, Crimes and Blunders
By John MacHaffie
September 17, 20131. • $6 trillion in new national debt under Obama…after he promised to decrease the deficit.
2. • Obamacare — A massive and incredibly convoluted bill which exponentially increases the federal
government’s control over our personal lives…which neither Obama nor a single Democrat even read before passing, and which will likely bankrupt the nation.
3. • In both the 2008 and 2012 presidential elections, the Obama campaign purposely disabled the credit card verification system for its Web site donations, allowing anyone from any foreign country to donate with no limit and no proof of identity; in both elections it was demonstrated that people overseas and people with obviously false identities were able to donate to Obama campaign, in direct violation of several laws. To this day it is not known what percentage of Obama’s campaign funds are illegally obtained, since there is no documentation.
4. • Billions of taxpayer dollars gambled on “green” companies like Solyndra, NextEra, Ener1, Solar Trust and many others — all of which went bankrupt.
5. • An intentional refusal to enforce federal immigration laws.
6. • Unemployment at or above 8% for almost his entire term in office (which was actually closer to 15% actual unemployment).
7. • Operation Fast & Furious — a government-sponsored illegal gun-running scheme designed to
purposely go awry so as to induce public outcry for gun control.
8. • Spent 20 years listening to a racist anti-American pastor (Rev. Jeremiah Wright), whom Obama
described as a mentor. On March 18, 2008, Obama gave a speech in which he said “I could no more
disown Jeremiah Wright than I could disown my own grandmother” and “[Wright's church, Trinity
United] embodies the black community in its entirety.” Now Obama tries to pretend that Jeremiah
Wright doesn’t exist, and that his extremist anti-white philosophy didn’t influence Obama’s worldview.
9. • Increased the percentage of Americans dependent on food stamps to unprecedented levels (now over 15% of the nation’s population).
10. • Militarily intervened in Libya in 2011 without the Congressional approval required by the War Powers Act — technically an impeachable offense.
11. • Before he entered politics, Obama worked as a lawyer suing banks in landmark cases, forcing them to give home loans to unqualified minority borrowers — a practice now understood as one of the primary initial causes of the eventual housing bubble and market collapse.
12. • Handed out over 1,200 waivers to politically connected donors exempting them from the onerous requirements of Obamacare.
13. • Greatly expanding the number of unaccountable “czars,” which essentially amounts to unilaterally adding new federal departments with no congressional oversight — leading to a true “bureaucracy” in the original sense (rule by unelected bureaucrats).
14. • Using taxpayer dollars to bail out the private pension funds of autoworkers’ unions at GM & Chrysler.
15. • Illegally ending the welfare-to-work requirements passed by Congress.
16. • Doling out $800 billion in stimulus cash for “shovel-ready” jobs that didn’t exist — the money just evaporated with no measurable economic benefit.
17. • Alienating and isolating Israel, our strongest ally in the Middle East.
18. • Apologizing to Islamists and terrorists for offending them.
19. • Under Obama’s watch, for the first time in history America’s credit rating was downgraded, due to his poor economic policies.
20. • Stopped American oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, allowing other nations with worse environmental records to drill instead — thereby managing to both weaken our economy and damage the environment simultaneously.
21. • Proposed in 2008 to intentionally bankrupt the coal industry — and now lies to voters and workers in coal-producing regions about his true intent.
22. • Pretends to be concerned about skyrocketing energy prices, when in fact he vowed to increase them on
purpose (so as to make alternative energy schemes more competitive.)
23. • In a primary debate against Hillary Clinton in 2008, Obama said he would never force people to buy health insurance, since those without it couldn’t afford to buy it. Less than two years later, he rammed through Obamacare, which does indeed force people to buy health insurance.
24. • During the 2008 campaign, Obama repeatedly promised that if he was elected “No family making less than $250,000 will see any form of tax increase.” This promise was broken over and over again once he was elected.
25. • In 2008 Obama vowed if elected to increase security along the U.S.-Mexican border — and then in 2010 stopped construction of a “virtual fence” on the border and re-routed money earmarked for border security to other projects.
26. • Cash for Clunkers, which doled out taxpayer money to anyone who wanted to replace their old cars, but which mostly only ended up subsidizing the puchase of foreign-made cars by people who could have afforded them on their own anyway; meanwhile, the traded-in cars were all destroyed, creating a shortage and thereby increasing the cost of used cars, hurting the pocketbooks of poor people.
27. • Violated the U.S. Constitution by authorizing assassinations and drone strikes to kill American citizens abroad — without due process.
28. • Was caught on a “hot mike” promising the President of Russia that he would cave in to their demands for a weaker missile shield — after he was re-elected and no longer had to keep up the pretense that he sought to defend America.
20. • Appointed Van Jones, a former avowed communist who supported a “9/11 Truth” petition, to be “Green Jobs Czar.”
21. • Appointed Anita Dunn, who said Chairman Mao was her “favorite philosopher,” to be White House Communications Director.
22. • Appointed John Holdren, who perviously entertained the notion of forced mass sterilzation to stop overpopulation, to be Science Czar.
24. • Appointed Steven Chu, who openly advocated an artificial increase in gasoline prices to $10/gallon (and similar increases in other energy prices) to be Secretary of Energy.
25. • Appointed Kevin Jennings, who led a group that promoted X-rated “sex-positive” textbooks for
13-year-olds, instructed teenagers at a conference how to perform “fisting” (anal penetration by fists), who refused to report instances of statutory rape, and who expressed admiration for a member of NAMBLA, to be America’s “Safe School’s Czar.”
26. • When states voted to enforce the federal immigration laws which the federal government refused to enforced, Obama sued to stop them.
27. • Blocked continued construction of the Keystone Pipeline, thereby intentionally reducing energy
resources for the US and forcing Canada to sell more of its oil to China.
28. • Repeatedly changed his position on gay marriage over the years, depending on what was politically expedient at the moment and which intended audience he was addressing.
29. • Before he was president, Obama staunchly opposed raising the national debt limit — but once elected, he insisted that it be raised.
30. • When giving a 2009 speech in France that he must have assumed Americans would never hear, he described the United States as “arrogant” and “dismissive” (while also criticizing Europe elsewhere in the speech).
31. • When states tried to stop election fraud with voter ID laws, Obama sued to prevent them from doing so.
32. • Instructed Attorney General Eric Holder to stonewall any investigation into the voter intimidation case against the New Black Panthers.
33. • Promised in 2008 that once elected he would officially recognize the Armenian Genocide; but to this date he has still failed to do so, caving in to threats and pressure from Turkey.
34. • Vowed to end the influence of lobbyists in Washington, but under Obama’s watch their influence has only increased.
35. • When he was first running for President, Obama promised, “I will not sign any non-emergency bill without giving the American public an opportunity to review and comment on the White House website for five days.” Needless to say, he has broken that promise with almost every bill he has signed since.
36. • Aided and abetted the “Arab Spring” which deposed existing secular governments across North Africa, leading to a regional power vacuum which was filled by Al Qaeda, the Muslim Brotherhood, and other hardline Islamists.
37. • Refused to provide assistance or support the the earlier secular Iranian democracy uprising, allowing them to be crushed by the Islamic fundamentalist Iranian regime.
38. • In his first months in office, Obama bowed to the king of Saudi Arabia, the president of China, the Emperor of Japan, and President of Mexico, among others.
39. • Ordered NASA to make one of its top priorities not space exploration or scientific research but
40. • Used Obamacare as a pretext to greatly increase the size and power of the IRS (which was given 16,000 new agents and additional mandates to penalize taxpayers for noncompliance).
41. • Used the IRS to harass conservative businesses.
42. • In the GM bailout, he illegally shortchanged investors who according to bankruptcy laws were first in line to be recompensed; instead, he gave their share to the unions.
43. • Shut down oil drilling in the US, but then turned around and lent $2 billion to Brazil to support their government-controlled oil-drilling effort — and then promised the US would become one of Brazil’s biggest oil customers.
44. • Sued Boeing in an effort to control where businesses could locate, kowtow to the unions, and block the creation of 1,000 jobs in South Carolina, a right-to-work (i.e. no forced unionization) state.
45. • Adopted a longstanding Socialist political slogan, “Forward!”, as his 2012 campaign motto.
46. • Sent insulting form letters to the familes of dead SEALs.
47. • Neither disavowed nor distanced himself from anti-Romney campaign ads which threatened or implied violence against Republicans.
48. • Shortly after the recent eruption of anti-American violence in North Africa, Obama went to Las Vegas to do his debate preparation in a hotel…with a romanticized North Africa theme.
49. • Said in an interview that the Muslim call to prayer was “one of the prettiest sounds on earth at sunset.”
50. • Union boss and far-left activist Andy Stern has visitied Obama in the White House at least 53 times, at last count — greater access than any other private citizen.
51. • Hosted at the White House many Islamist members of groups associated with Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood, etc.
52. • Sponsored performances by and attended fundraisers with radical rappers like Michael Franti and Common, both of whose lyrics have in some cases been anti-police, anti-white, and anti-America.
53. • Hired Timothy Geithner, who is documented as cheating on his own personal taxes, to be Secretary of
54. • Told Joe “the Plumber” Wurzelbacher that it was good to “spread the wealth around.”
55. • Told small business owners nationwide in a 2012 speech that “you didn’t build that” — implying that they should not claim credit for their own success, since taxpayers (i.e. themselves and other business owners) had funded the national infrastructure.
56. • Insulted the British people by rudely returning to them a bust of Churchill which previously had been a ceremonial gift on display at the White House; when later confronted on this inexplicable action, he lied about it.
57. • Canceled plans to complete a missile defense shield in Poland, a move which was highly praised by Russia — the very nation whose missile threat would have been neutralized if the shield had been completed.
58. • By loudly publicizing (for personal political gain) the identity of exact SEAL teams who had killed Osama bin Laden, Obama made them a target for reprisals by Islamists; a short time later 22 SEALS were shot down and killed in Afghanistan, their worst loss of life ever.
59. • Established an extra-Constitutional top secret “kill list” of people (including Americans) Obama claims the right to kill on sight, and then bragged about it publicly.
60. • Set up a special email account, “Flag@Whitehouse.gov,” to which Americans were supposed to inform the government of anyone they heard spreading “disinformation” about Obama’s health care overhaul. (This was the first of three different “spy on your friends and neighbors” programs.)
61, • “Attack Watch” was Obama’s second Big Brother attempt, a Web site on which you would report “attacks” on Obama’s proposals and ideology; it was quickly shut down due to outrage and mockery.
62. • Finally, Obama set up the “Truth Team” program which encouraged citizens to report to the
government any friends or relatives they hear repeating “lies” about Obama. The Truth Team site still exists.
63. • Twisted the arms of defense contractors to not issue layoff notices in early November, so as to avoid causing bad news for Obama right before the election — even though federal law (the “WARN Act”) requires such notices.
64. • After the attacks on American interests in North Africa on September 11, 2012, Obama gave a speech to the U.N. and declared “The future must not belong to those who slander The Prophet of Islam” — transferring the blame from the attackers onto the makers of a film trailer that supposedly “offended” the Islamists.
65. • Repeatedly snubbed and got into public tiffs with Benjamin Netanyahu, who as the leader of Israel is supposed to be Obama’s closest colleague in international affairs.
66. • On May 19, 2011, Obama told Israel they must return to the 1967 borders as a pre-condition for continuing talks with the Palestinians — even though the status of the borders was the main issue the talks were supposed to address.
67. • Encouraged politically biased hiring practices in the Justice Department.
68. • Soon after taking office, Obama rescinded the “Mexico City Policy,” which previously had banned NGOs which are supported by American taxpayer funds from using those funds to perform abortions in foreign countries.
69. • Attempted to force returning veterans to pay huge increases for their health coverage…as a way to generate more funding for his Obamacare provisions.
70. • In June of 2011, he anointed his own underage daughters as “senior staff members” so that their vacation to Africa would be paid for with taxpayer money.
71. • Interviews with high school classmates revealed that Obama was a heavy and frequent user of
marijuana in his teenage years (not to mention his self-admitted cocaine use in college).
72. • Played over 100 rounds of golf during his first three years in office, meaning that he was on the links close to 10% of the days he has been president.
73. • Voted to allow post-birth abortions (i.e. facilitating the deaths of babies who survive late-term
abortions) not just once but three times in a row as an Illinois state senator.
74. • The pastor whom Obama selected to give the national benediction at his 2009 inauguration recently declared that “all white people are going to Hell.”
75. • Sided with Hugo Chavez and the Castro regime regarding the Honduran Constitutional Crisis of 2009, the first time ever that the U.S. formed a political alliance with socialist governments in Latin America.
76. • Obama Administration OKed the nomination of Chas Freeman to chair the National Intelligence
Council (which coordinates intelligence reports from all government agencies), despite the fact that he was openly hostile to Israel and strongly favored Arabist goals. (He later withdrew under pressure.)
77. • Chinese pianist Lang Lang played an offensively anti-American song at a 2011 White House dinner where Obama hosted Chinese president Hu Jintao, to the delight and amazement of the communist Chinese visitors, while Obama just sat there and smiled (the song’s Chinese lyrics describe Americans as “warmongering jackals”).
78. • There was a great deal of (still unverified) suspicion that the company LightSquared received favorable treatment from the Obama administration for approval of its broadband technology which interfered with the GPS system; an Air Force general claimed he was pressured by the Obama administration to downplay his criticism of LightSquared’s technology in sworn testimony.
79. • Obama’s Department of Energy awarded $529 million to Fisker Automotive to build their Karma hybrid electric cars — even though they are manufactured in Finland, cost over $100,000 each, and tend to explode.
80. • When Inspector General Gerald Walpin discovered during a 2009 investigation that one of Obama’s political allies (the mayor of Sacramento) was misusing government funds for personal gain, Obama unceremoniously fired Walpin — even though rooting out fraud was the job description of the Inspector General.
81. • More than once Obama made so-called “recess appointments” when the Senate was not actually in recess, which directly violates Constitutional rules about how appointments must be made; in each case it was his way of getting his political allies into certain key positions without them being vetted or approved by the Senate, as required.
82. • After Nidal Malik Hasan massacred 13 people at Fort Hood while shouting “Allahu Akbar” so as to become a martyr for Islam, the Obama administration refused to classify his action as “terrorism” and instead deemed it merely “workplace violence.”
83. • Despite the fact that the Falkland Islands have been part of Great Britain since 1833 and that Great Britain is supposed to be our strongest ally, Obama essentially sided with Argentina in its new claim on the Falklands, not only by adopting the Argentine position that their status is open to negotiation, but even by (attempting to) refer to the islands by their Spanish name (Malvinas).
84. • Convened the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform (a.k.a. the Simpson-Bowles commission) in order to address a major economic crisis…and then summarily dismissed and ignored their recommendations.
85. • Criticized the Supreme Court’s legal reasoning (about the Citizen’s United decision) during a State of the Union address, which many considered a dangerous precedent as it appeared to place political pressure on the court, violating the Constitution’s separation of powers; but his bullying seems to have later paid off, when the Supreme Court apparently altered its Obamacare decision so as to not ruffle any political feathers.
86. • On April 27, 2009, Obama’s staff (possibly at his direction) ordered Air Force One to make an
unnecessary very low flight over part of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty, which many residents
mistakenly assumed must be a second 9/11 attack in progress; turned out that it was just a stunt to get a photo op of Obama’s plane next to the Statue of Liberty.
87. • Obama somehow managed to insert mentions of himself into the official biographies of earlier
presidents on the White House Web site — even presidents from the 19th century. After public outcry, the narcissistic Obama mentions were quietly removed without comment.
88. • Intentionally misquotes the Declaration of Independence in speeches, often leaving out the words “by their Creator” in the famous passage “…are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights,” which Obama instead has recited as “…are endowed with certain unalienable rights.”
89. • In June of 2009, Obama’s Solicitor General (and now Supreme Court Justice) Elena Kagan filed a legal brief to prevent the families of 9/11 victims from appealing their lawsuits against the Saudi royal family for financing the 9/11 attacks.
90. • The 2009 National Christmas Tree in the White House was decorated with ornaments depicting
Chairman Mao, a drag queen, and a picture of Mount Rushmore that included Obama’s own head next to George Washington’s.
91. • Compelled Catholic and other religious organizations to provide health plans with free contraception, even though such requirements violate their rights of religious freedom and conscience.
92. • It was revealed only after Obama became president that during the 1990s he was a leading member of the “New Party,” a socialist-aligned far-left radical group in Chicago.
93. • Lied about his close associations with former Weather Underground terrorist Bill Ayers; pretended the two barely knew each other, when multiple sources document they were friends and close colleagues for years.
94. • When Obama was inaugurated as President on January 20, 2009, he at first flubbed the oath of office, so he had to re-take it behind closed doors for his inauguration to be valid. He did so, but during this second, true inauguration in private, he purposely failed to place his hand on a Bible, as is traditional — the first president ever to not swear the oath of office on the Bible.
95. • Obama’s own author bio in his literary agent’s catalog and on their Web site stated for 17 consecutive years that he was born in Kenya; this claim remained intact despite other portions of the bio being altered and updated repeatedly. It was only in 2007 after he decided to run for the presidency that the “born in Kenya” claim was taken down. The original info must necessarily have come from Obama himself; some theorize he likely falsely claimed foreign birth in order to gain admission or scholarships in college, and never bothered to fix his lie.
96. • After winning the 2008 election but before being sworn in, Obama bombastically concocted the
official-seeming “Office of the President-Elect” as if it was some kind of real government department; in fact, it was just a self-congratulatory title he made up to look important before he actually became president.
97. • Obama administration came up with the bizarre euphemism “man-caused disasters” to describe acts of terrorism — because he wants to downplay terrorism as a significant political issue.
98. • For three years in a row his official budget proposals to Congress received exactly zero votes — not even a single vote from Democrats.
99. • Relied on an Islamic fundamentalist militia group called “The Martyrs of the February the 17th
Revolution Brigade” to provide security at the American mission in Benghazi — and they not only failed to prevent the attack but perhaps even joined in on it.
100. • During the debate over Obamacare in 2009, Obama bluntly stated that doctors like to perform
amputations rather than practice preventive medicine for no other reason than that they make a
greater profit from amputations. The American College of Surgeons demanded an apology, which
101. • Since 2008 the Los Angeles Times has been in possession of a videotape showing Obama honoring and praising anti-Western anti-Israel academic Edward Said, but they have steadfastly refused to release it to this day, for no discernible reason other than their belief it would damage Obama’s reputation.
102. • When the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe recently held a conference on
human rights, Obama sent an American representative — Salam al-Marayati, a Truther who blamed
Israel for the 9/11 attacks and who also praises Hezbollah and Hamas. To the nations of Europe,
al-Marayati spoke for all Americans on the topic of human rights.
103. • Obama’s Department of Homeland Security specifically warned that Americans who are “dedicated to a single issue, such as opposition to abortion or immigration” are potential terrorists, as are libertarian-minded voters who “favor of state or local authority” over centralized power. These
“rightwing extremists” (who hold political beliefs shared by a majority of Americans) are deemed a
greater threat to the nation than actual revolutionaries or jihadists.
104. • While campaigning in 2008 Obama declared that it was “unpatriotic” that Bush had increased the national debt at a rate of half a trillion dollars per year; but under Obama the rate of national debt
increase has accelerated to almost three times the Bush rate ($6 trillion in new debt in under four
years) — yet Obama has never apologized nor declared himself unpatriotic.
105. • For decades, every president has attended a “daily intelligence briefing” which updates him on
critical world events each morning. Obama has skipped 60% of his daily intelligence briefings,
including the ones leading up to the attack in Benghazi.
Dan from Squirrel Hill has posted the most amazing list of lies, lawbreaking, corruption and cronyism by President Obama during his time in office. Dan placed it into the public domain. Anyone may freely copy it in any part or in its entirely, without asking Dan’s permission, and without paying any money. He does ask you please cite a link to http://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/obama-252/. The following is Dans list with his lead in commentary:
Every President, every politician, and every human being tells lies and engages in acts of hypocrisy. But Barack Obama does these things to a far greater degree than anyone else that I have ever known of. His campaign promises were so much better sounding than anyone else’s – no lobbyists in his administration, waiting five days before signing all non-emergency bills so people would have time to read them, putting health care negotiations on C-SPAN, reading every bill line by line to make sure money isn’t being wasted, prosecution of Wall St. criminals, ending raids against medical marijuana in states where it’s legal, high levels of transparency. Obama’s promises of these wonderful things sounded inspiring and sincere. They sounded so much better than the promises of any other President. So when Obama broke these promises, it felt so much worse than when other Presidents broke their promises.
In the 2008 United States election, I wrote in Ron Paul for President. In the 2012 election, I voted for Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson. Those who are of a more leftist persuasion than myself might want to consider voting for the Green Party in future elections.
Some of the things on this list are major events that should scare the daylights out of any true liberal who cares about civil liberties.
Other things on this list are medium things that some Obama supporters may dislike, but would be willing to overlook in light of the things that Obama has done which they like.
And some of the things on this list may seem trivial, but I still think they are an interesting reflection of the kinds of policies that Obama supports.
Every claim that I make in this list is sourced. Click on the blue text to see the sources. I have cited a wide variety of sources, from right wing, to left wing, to middle of the road.
I welcome any comments and criticisms that you may have. If you say my list is wrong, please back up your claim by citing specific examples.
And now, on with the list:
1) Carried out military interventionism in Libya without Congressional approval
In June 2011, U.S. Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-Ohio) said that Obama had violated the Constitution when he launched military operations in Libya without Congressional approval.
2) Gave a no-bid contract to Halliburton – just like Bush did
In May 2010, it was reported that the Obama administration had selected KBR, a former subsidiary of Halliburton, for a no-bid contract worth as much as $568 million through 2011, just hours after the Justice Department had said it would pursue a lawsuit accusing the Houston-based company of using kickbacks to get foreign contracts.
3) Has an administration full of lobbyists, after promising he wouldn’t have any
While running for President, Obama had promised that, unlike Bush, he would not have any lobbyists working in his administration. However, by February 2010, he had more than 40 lobbyists working in his administration.
4) Has close ties to Wall St., but pretends to support Occupy Wall St.
Although Obama claims to support the Occupy Wall St. movement, the truth is that he has raised more money from Wall St. than any other candidate during the last 20 years. In early 2012, Obama held a fundraiser where Wall St. investment bankers and hedge fund managers each paid $35,800 to attend. In October 2011, Obama hired Broderick Johnson, a longtime Wall Street lobbyist, to be his new senior campaign adviser. Johnson had worked as a lobbyist for JP Morgan Chase, Bank of America, Fannie Mae, Comcast, Microsoft, and the oil industry.
5) Broke his promise to close Guantanamo Bay
Obama broke his promise to close Guantanamo Bay.
6) Supported the $700 billion TARP corporate-welfare bailout just like Bush
While Senator, Obama voted for the $700 billion TARP bank bailout bill. The bailout rewarded irresponsible and illegal behavior. It redirected resources from more productive uses to less productive uses. It punished the hard working taxpayers who had played by the rules and obeyed the law. It created horrible incentives, and sent the wrong message. The bailout was evil because it rewarded the bad people and punished the good people. No society that does this can expect to remain free or prosperous. Instead of bailing out these corrupt corporations, we should have let them cease to exist, like we did with Enron.
7) Waged the biggest war against medical marijuana of any president, which was the opposite of what he had promised
In May 2008, Obama campaign spokesperson Ben LaBolt said that Obama would end DEA raids on medical marijuana in states where it’s legal. Also in 2008, Obama said that he supported the “basic concept of using medical marijuana for the same purposes and with the same controls as other drugs” and that he was “not going to be using Justice Department resources to try to circumvent state laws.”
However, in February 2010, DEA agents raided a medical marijuana grower in Highlands Ranch in Colorado, a state where medical marijuana is legal. Also in February 2010, DEA agents raided a medical marijuana dispensary in Culver City in California, a state where medical marijuana is legal. In July 2010, the DEA raided at least four medical marijuana growers in San Diego, California. Also in July 2010, the DEA raided a medical marijuana facility in Covelo, California. Then in September 2010, the DEA conducted raids on at least five medical marijuana dispensaries in Las Vegas, Nevada, where medical marijuana is legal. In 2011, the DEA conducted raids on medical marijuana in Seattle, Washington, West Hollywood, California, and Helena, Montana, all places where it is legal. In April 2012, the DEA carried out several raids on medical marijuana in Oakland, California.
In February 2012, Rolling Stone magazine wrote that Obama’s war against medical marijuana went “far beyond anything undertaken by George W. Bush.” In April 2012, Mother Jones magazine wrote: “The president campaigned on the promise that he’d stop federal raids on medical marijuana operations that were in compliance with state laws, a vow that Attorney General Eric Holder repeated after the election. But then the Obama administration raided more than 100 dispensaries in its first three years and is now poised to outpace the Bush administration’s crackdown record.” In May 2012, the Washington Post wrote: “Obama has become more hostile to medical marijuana patients than any president in U.S. history.” In May 2012, U.S. Congressperson Nancy Pelosi (D-California) said she had “strong concerns” about Obama’s forced closure of five medical marijuana facilities in Pelosi’s congressional district. In April 2012, commenting on Obama’s crackdown on medical marijuana, U.S. Congressman Barney Frank (D-Massachusetts) said, “I’m very disappointed… They look more like the Bush administration than the Clinton administration.”
In July 2012, federal prosecutors filed civil forfeiture actions against Harborside Health Center, a medical marijuana dispensary in Oakland, CA, which claims to be the world’s largest, and which claims to serve more than 100,000 medical marijuana patients. In April 2012, federal agents raided Oaksterdam University, an educational institution in Oakland, CA, which teaches people about medical marijuana. In April 2012, federal agents raided a medical marijuana facility which had been serving 1,500 patients near Lake Elsinore, CA. In June 2012, the Obama administration filed asset-forfeiture lawsuits against two landlords who rented their buildings to medical marijuana stores in Santa Fe Springs, CA. The Obama administration also sent warning letters which threatened similar legal action to dozens of other, nearby landlords. During the first seven months of 2012, the DEA shut down40 medical marijuana dispensaries in Colorado, all of which had been operating in compliance with state and local law.
In July 2013, the DEA conducted multiple medical marijuana raids in Washington state, including the cities of Olympia, Tacoma, and Seattle.
In May 2012, ABC News reported that during Obama’s youth, he often smoked large quantities of recreational marijuana. Obama’s marijuana smoking wasn’t even medical – it was recreational. And yet now, he is taking large scale, widespread action to prevent people with AIDS, cancer, multiple sclerosis, glaucoma, and other illnesses, who have prescriptions from their doctors, from using their prescription medicine – how cold hearted can a person be?
8) Nominated a six-time tax cheater to head the government agency that enforces the tax laws
Obama nominated Timothy Geithner, a repeat tax cheater, to head the government agency that enforces the tax laws.
Prior to his nomination, Geithner had:
1) Illegally failed to pay more than $34,000 in social security and medicare taxes
2) Illegally declared the cost of his children’s summer camp as a form of day care.
3) Illegally failed to pay the early withdrawal penalty when he took money out of his retirement plan
4) Illegally declared non-eligible items as a charitable deduction
5) Illegally declared something which was ineligible as a small business deduction
6) Illegally declared utility expenses which had actually been for his personal use
9) Gave tax dollars to AIG executives, then pretended to be outraged about it
Obama signed a stimulus bill that spent money on bonuses for AIG executives. Prior to signing this bill, Obama had said, “when I’m president, I will go line by line to make sure that we are not spending money unwisely.” However, after reading “line by line” and signing the stimulus bill that protected the AIG bonuses, Obama pretended to be shocked and outraged at the bonuses, and said, “Under these circumstances, it’s hard to understand how derivative traders at A.I.G. warranted any bonuses at all, much less $165 million in extra pay… How do they justify this outrage to the taxpayers who are keeping the company afloat?” and also said that he would “pursue every single legal avenue to block these bonuses.”
10) Expanded Bush’s unconstitutional government faith based programs
Obama expanded the federal government’s faith based programs which had been started by President George W. Bush.
11) Supported Bush’s unconstitutional Patriot Act
In May 2011, Obama signed a renewal of the Patriot Act.
12) Increased the national debt more in one term than Bush did in two
The national debt increased more during Obama’s first three years and two months than it did during all eight years of George W. Bush’s presidency.
13) Agrees with Bush’s support of unconstitutional, indefinite detention of U.S. citizens without filing any charges
In December 2011, ACLU executive director Anthony D. Romero criticized Obama for signing a bill that gave the U.S. government the power to indefinitely detain U.S. citizens without any charges being filed or any trial taking place.
14) Agrees with Bush’s support of unconstitutional, warrantless wiretapping
President Obama has defended warrantless wiretapping.
15) Avoided prosecution of Wall. St criminals
Although Obama had promised to prosecute Wall St. criminals, during his entire first term, his administration did not file any criminal charges against any of the top financial executives.
16) Had four U.S. citizens killed without judicial process
Obama had four U.S. citizens killed without judicial process.
The ACLU accused Obama of violating the U.S. Constitution for doing this.
U.S. Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) said that Obama’s actions might be an impeachable offense.
© 2023 Created by David M Stewart. Powered by