The League of Women Voters is planning Candidates' Forums for the November Election. Our emphasis is on local elections in the cities in Ventura County and one Supervisor's district election. As of September 9, forums will be held on the following dates pending final approval of the respective City Councils and candidates. Any updates will be announced at the Membership Meeting on September 15 in Oxnard, and subsequently reported here.
1. City of Simi Valley--Thursday, October 18, 7-9 p.m.,at the Simi Valley City Hall, City Council chambers, 2929 Tapo Canyon Road, Simi Valley, for the City Council and the Mayor.
2. City of Fillmore--Wednesday, September 26, 6:60-8:45 p.m., at the Fillmore City Hall, 250 Central Avenue, Fillmore, for the City Council, City Clerk, and the Treasurer.
3. City of Ojai--Thursday, September 27 at the Ojai Valley Womens' Club, 441 East Ojai Avenue, Ojai, 7-9 p.m. for the Ojai City Council and the Casitas Municipal Water District, Division 5.
4. City of Thousand Oaks--Thursday, October 4, 6-7:30 p.m., at the Scherr Theater, Civic Arts Plaza, 2100 Thousand Oaks Boulevard, Thousand Oaks, for the City Council.
5. City of Camarillo--Tuesday, October 9, 6-8 p.m., at the City Council chambers, Camarillo City Hall, 601 Carmen Drive, Camarillo, for the City Council.
6. City of Santa Paula--Wednesday, October 10 at the Community Room 6:30-8:45 p.m., at the Community Center, 530 West Main Street, Santa Paula, for the City Council and Schjool Board.
7.City of Port Hueneme--Wednesday, October 17, 6:30-8 p.m., at the Community Center, 550 Park Avenue, Port Hueneme, for City Council.
check to make sure these are still on.